Serial port autodetection by Sigma Data Center

Questions about Wine on Linux
tanterei

Serial port autodetection by Sigma Data Center

Post by tanterei »

I'm currently trying to couple a Sigma ROX 11.0 GPS to my Linux machine.
Unfortunately the company does not provide its software for Linux, only Windows and Mac.

After installing the most common windows fonts with winetricks I had no trouble installing and running Sigma Data Center v 5.6.30 (or 4.0.11 for all that matters).
Everything appears to work quite well wit my Wine (4.12.1).

But whatever I do I can not connect the ROX to the data center. The latter is supposed to autodetect the device - to no avail.

The first problem is that Linux itself does not recognize the ROX as anything, i.e.

Code: Select all

lsusb
will only yield the VID+PID.
The kernel itself loads the

cdc_acm
module and dmesg states that it's an STM virtual COM controller.

Removing cdc_acm module and loading

modprobe usbserial vendor=0x1d9d product=0x1051
will result in the ROX being recognized as a serial device, i.e., it will result in

/dev/ttyUSB0
being created.

Wine will then automatically add it to the 'dosdevices' directory as 'com33'. In accordane with the Wiki I've set the registry keys to make it 'com1' (I've tried simply linking com1 to /dev/ttyUSB0, too).

With this I hoped that the SIgma Data Center could recognize the ROX. Alas, no!
Adding /dev/ttyUSB0 as a separate drive (e.g. S:) also did not help.

Hence my question:

Has anybody been able to get Sigma Data Center and a Sigma sports device to work with Wine?
Alternatively: how could I check whether the serial device is actually being seen from Wine? On linux I appear to, at least, be able to connect to the device using picocom.