So according to wine's appdb the vast majority of rpgm clients are gold or platnum. Even though some rpgm engines have linux versions most games are only written for windows, thus (as far as I know) I have to use wine or some other workaround. So can any1 give me any pointers on making them run. I'm not expecting them to run as well as on windows and am prepared to deal with crashes. I just want to make them work without any serious issues like the ones below. My results so far:
- - vx ace fuctions with no issue.
- mv freezes on the first frame of startup for example a game that starts with the word "now loading" will be stuck on "now loading" and a game that starts on a black screen will have a black screen. It works through firefox but I'd like to get it to work through the .exe since I can't backup my saves and changing file paths (something I do quite often) makes me lose them. The others are a higher priority though.
- xp and vx both launch but have no text. Ie the text box and menus are there but the text itself is missing.
- Not 100% sure that I have the correct engines when I searched the file types rxdata and rvdata they came up with xp and vx respectively. The icons are a spiky orange ball and a knight chess piece.
- Opening games in wine virtual desktop mode: no changes[/list]
- I use Lubuntu 18.04 but in my experience just about anything that works on Ubuntu 18.04 works
- my version of wine is the most recent stable build.[/list]