Ross Scott (Freeman's Mind creator) is having Wine troubles

Questions about Wine on Linux
WickedFlick

Ross Scott (Freeman's Mind creator) is having Wine troubles

Post by WickedFlick »

Hi all!

Last month, Ross Scott (the creator of Freeman's Mind and Game Dungeon), announced in a Q&A that he was planning on doing a video about Linux gaming, but was encountering an issue with Wine that was holding back its production.
Here's the relevant part from that Q&A video. TL;DW version, When attempting to benchmark games, Ross seemingly cannot stop Wine from using Adaptive V-sync, making it impossible to tell how well a game is performing past 60fps. He believes his Nvidia driver may be the culprit. The issue only occurs with Wine, not native games.

Later, I made this thread on Reddit to try and gather experts that could offer advice (I mean, if he's going to be showing Wine to his audience, I'd want it to be in the best light possible). He eventually responded in that thread with more information to help diagnose the issue, which you can read below:
Hi, this is Ross, I was linked to this thread. If people want further clarification, I made a video on this a while back:

https://youtu.be/1Q78Z2MJXNc

The beginning of that video is still completely relevant. Everything after 5:20 is outdated, it was defaulting to an older version of WINE when I typed in the frame monitoring for the terminal. I'll try to test the nvidia_drm thing soon.
That was a month ago, and I believe the issue still persists, so I figured the best thing to do would be to head over to the home of the guru's, and so here I am. :)
If anyone here is able to offer advice on this issue, I'd massively appreciate it, and I'm sure Ross would too.
WickedFlick

Re: Ross Scott (Freeman's Mind creator) is having Wine troub

Post by WickedFlick »

Since creating this post, I have been informed that Ross created a thread on this subject on his own forum as well, which can be found here:

https://www.accursedfarms.com/forums/to ... iscussion/

That contains the most up-to-date information on the issue, as far as I know.