Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:24 pm 
Level 2
Level 2

Current setup:

Ubuntu 19.04
Nvdia 430.26
Three monitors

Updated from 4.10 to 4.11. Everything worked fine in 4.10. Now, when attempting to run a full screen application through Wine, it opens on my left monitor, instead of my centre, which is my primary monitor.

As far as I'm aware, I can't use the DISPLAY variable in the following way:

Code:
DISPLAY=0.1 wine program.exe

The way that I understand it, Nvidia uses one screen that contains all three monitors, so the only working DISPLAY variable is 0.0. I might be wrong, however.

Is there a way to get things opening on my centre monitor again, which doesn't involve reverting to 4.10?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:34 am 
Level 4
Level 4

Not sure why it changed with 4.11, other than something about - Initial support for enumerating display devices. in the release notes.

Wine has always been kinda buggy for me tho, as wine desktop/fullscreen and whatnot ALWAYS starts at point 0.0, which for me is my left monitor, even tho my center one is the main one.

Anyway.. I have great success using "devilspie2". You should see if that is available for your distro and use that, cos you have loads of customization there. I tend to use it when running "wine desktop" as 1920x1080 (same resolution as my monitor), and use these settings in my ~/.config/devilspie2/wine.lua:
Code:
app_name = get_application_name();

if app_name == "Default - Wine desktop" then
   set_window_geometry(1920, 0, 1920, 1080);
end

That way, the wine desktop will open at my center monitor :) Good luck

EDIT: You can ofc use any "window name" tho eg. "if app_name == "Notepad.exe" or similar. Just create separate .lua files for each app.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Linux