how to rollback winehq previous version on linuxmint,ubuntu

Questions about Wine on Linux
thisusername
Level 2
Level 2

how to rollback winehq previous version on linuxmint,ubuntu

Post by thisusername »

i am using Linux Mint , used to have wine staging 4.9 and it was working to some extent fine , and after updating to wine staging 4.10 ! i got, crashes, some of what used to work with wine 4.9 not working now with wine 4.10 ..
-
so i just want to install wine staging 4.9 ( i searched how to , but can not install it)
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: how to rollback winehq previous version on linuxmint,ubu

Post by jkfloris »

You could use the = to select a version number in apt-get, but you have to solve the dependencies yourself.
For example in Debian I could run the next command to downgrade wine-staging

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install winehq-staging=4.9~buster wine-staging=4.9~buster wine-staging-amd64=4.9~buster wine-staging-i386=4.9~buster
To find your version number run

apt policy winehq-staging
Note: apt will try to update these packages, so you have to pin these packages
Read https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PinningHowto for more information.
thisusername
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thisusername »

sudo apt-get install winehq-staging=4.9~buster wine-staging=4.9~buster wine-staging-amd64=4.9~buster wine-staging-i386=4.9~buster
i tried when staging 4.10 installed and got this errors and tried to install it after removing staging from software manger (only staging not wine installer and others) and got the same errors ..

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '4.9~buster' for 'winehq-staging' was not found
E: Version '4.9~buster' for 'wine-staging' was not found
E: Version '4.9~buster' for 'wine-staging-amd64' was not found
E: Version '4.9~buster' for 'wine-staging-i386:i386' was not found
and i tried to install the missing libraries that first time ever i tried to install staging i was not able to, but this time (it is already installed) and nothing changed .. i did not continue with the " pining part yet " what should i do next ?

thanks
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

Did you read:
For example in Debian...
Obvious, on Ubuntu the names are different.

You could find the right name with:

dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Are you using LMDE? If not, you should be using the Ubuntu packages, not the Debian ones.
thisusername
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thisusername »

jkfloris wrote:Did you read:

i got this link from this code , and downloaded the deb file manually , i removed staging 4.10 and installed the deb file but it installed the stable version even the deb file is staging 4.9 ( and i see label : same version is already installed) and again the stable version is the version that installed ...

4.9~bionic 500
        500 https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 Packages
So what happened?

-
dimesio wrote:Are you using LMDE? If not, you should be using the Ubuntu packages, not the Debian ones.
i think i do not use that , i am using ubuntu packages " Ubuntu 18.04 Linux Mint 19.x" from wine download page ( or any software in general) .. and i used the code above to get the wine 4.9 package but can not install it
thisusername
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thisusername »

i have to wait for permission as new member plus can't edit posts and i already posted a post will be before that (that i couldn't install it , which is waiting also ) any way important update

update i just replaced buster with bionic ( the suitable ubuntu package for my OS) on this code and installed it by terminal after i removed wine staging 4.10 from the software manger.
jkfloris wrote:

note: i did not remove Libraries, wine installer , other files etc (already have them).. so that is it solved.

thanks jkfloris , dimesio