Cannot login to battle.net account

Questions about Wine on Linux
zapper
Level 2
Level 2

Cannot login to battle.net account

Post by zapper » Sat May 11, 2019 8:08 pm

I took a screenshot, and this error keeps popping up, for some reason.
Also, it happens with 4.7 and 4.8 wine-staging, I compiled from source wine-staging the way the github page says to, and I just cannot login no matter what.

It gives me that annoying error infinitely. :/

aka the screenshot I uploaded.

to make matters worse on my other laptop, that has a ubuntu based distro on it, it loads fine, except the mouse is broken on it. The mouse works fine except in games. My point being, I am kind of stuck till wine-staging 4.8 comes out for my ubuntu derivatives, or wine-staging 4.9 comes out with a fix for this laptop.

ps, I have tried my usual tactics, to no avail, even corefonts doesn't help.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-05-11_21-07-59.png
Any ideas how to fix?

ps, even launching game doesn't let me authenticate, it just sits there, till it times out. Even on the battle.net part.

zapper
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Cannot login to battle.net account

Post by zapper » Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Well, thankfully wine-staging 4.8 came to ubuntu it least. :) Now to wait on the rest...

pga256
Level 2
Level 2

Post by pga256 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:02 am

Have you got the 32-bit versions of the libldap and gnutls libraries installed on your system? These are required for battle.net authentication.

zapper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by zapper » Sun May 19, 2019 6:13 pm

pga256 wrote:Have you got the 32-bit versions of the libldap and gnutls libraries installed on your system? These are required for battle.net authentication.
Oddly enough, libldap I did have same with gnutls in 32 bit form i mean... but even stranger, I used winetricks immediately after reinstalling wine-staging and proceeded to adding the corefonts via winetricks, and then...
I have no idea what happened... but when I installed battle.net afterwards, no issues. Weird indeed.

Same with starcraft. Can't tell why but something was different. ;/