WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Linux




 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 



 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:13 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 pm
Posts: 4
Hello,

I am trying to install wine-mono 4.8.3 on a Debian 8 based system. When upgrading wine-devel to the latest 4.7, I was prompted to install the latest wine-mono package but after rather a long while I noticed the system had slowed down considerably. Finally, it became completely unresponsive and the installer got stuck.

Later, I tried again to manually install wine-mono 4.8.3 and started the msi installer but soon noticed the memory and swap was rapidly used up until the system got stuck and the installation failed again.

I had no problem with wine-devel 4.6 and wine-mono 4.8.1 before upgrading to wine-devel 4.7 and wine-mono 4.8.3 and actually still have no problem with wine-devel 4.7, though apparently the installation of wine-mono 4.8.3 failed. I would appreciate it if you could help me with this.

Best regards.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:35 pm 
Offline
Level 4
Level 4

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:00 am
Posts: 169
I can confirm that something seems to be screwed, at least when updating an existing wineprefix. Creating a new one seems to be ok though.

This is the console output I get:
Code:
user@host:~$ /opt/wine-staging/bin/wineboot -u
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 4.7 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
002d:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
002f:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0031:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
...
01eb:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
01ed:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
01ef:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
Maximum number of clients reached01f1:err:user:load_desktop_driver failed to load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv"
01f1:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
Maximum number of clients reached01f3:err:user:load_desktop_driver failed to load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv"
01f3:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
Maximum number of clients reached01f5:err:user:load_desktop_driver failed to load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv"
...
*hit ctrl+c here*
...
0315:fixme:console:CONSOLE_DefaultHandler Terminating process 8a on event 0
0313:fixme:console:CONSOLE_DefaultHandler Terminating process 84 on event 0
0314:fixme:console:CONSOLE_DefaultHandler Terminating process 96 on event 0


Top 
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 pm
Posts: 4
Thanks, spoon0042.

Now I remember I got a similar output when starting the msi installer from the terminal. And then I wonder what would be the next step to get it fixed?


Top 
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:50 pm 
Offline
Level 4
Level 4

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:00 am
Posts: 169
The most helpful thing to do would be to figure out reproducible steps to trigger the problem. I attempted to do this by creating a wineprefix using 4.6 then reinstalling 4.7 but that didn't trigger the issue and I haven't tried anything further. Even if you can't it may be worth filing a bug report to get the attention of someone who can better help with it.


Top 
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:49 pm 
Offline
Level 4
Level 4

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:00 am
Posts: 169
I did a bit more poking around and went ahead and filed a bug report: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47141


Top 
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:48 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 pm
Posts: 4
Thanks again, spoon0042.

Since you have kindly taken the trouble of filing a bug report and I have no more detailed information about the problem, I will wait and see what will come out of it.


Top 
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:00 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 pm
Posts: 4
When upgrading wine-devel 4.7 to 4.8, I had the same problem again, though this time I was not prompted to install wine-mono. I had removed the cached wine-mono installers in ~/.cache/wine and elsewhere but forgot to remove the contents of Temporary Internet Files. So I guess wine detected another cached installer there and automatically started installation when updating the existing wineprefix.

Since the installation failed again and I could think of nothing else to fix the problem, I followed what spoon0042 had already suggested. Having created a new wineprefix and starting a new wine process, I was prompted to download and install the new wine-mono package and it was successfully installed.

Though I could not make sure whether something is wrong with wine or with wine-mono, everything goes well with the new wineprefix so far. I am currently on a Debian 8 amd64 based system but incidentally noticed there was no similar problem with another Ubuntu 16 i386 based system. The latter system had wine 4.7 and wine-mono 4.8.3 installed successfully on the wineprefix which was more than several months old. I wonder whether it has something to do with the difference of architectures (i386 and amd64) or simply there is something wrong with the wineprefix.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 




Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Linux


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: