Wine for Disco has broken packages

Questions about Wine on Linux
Fiusherson

Wine for Disco has broken packages

Post by Fiusherson »

Hey there!

I was excited when WINE came out for Disco Dingo, but I'm having a bit of trouble installing it.

So, whenever I get to the part where it is installing the WINE package, I get the error saying that I have unmet dependencies: winehq-devel : Depends: wine-devel (=4.7~disco) and saying I have broken packages because of that.

I also noticed that starting from 4.5, I need libfaudio installed separately beforehand. I did that, but unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem.

I have also gotten the same error on a different machine, and also in a live environment.

I tried looking up some guides to fixing broken packages, but that didn't work either.

So right now, I'm kinda lost as to how to fix this. Do any of you know how to fix this? Thanks a ton in advance.

Also, just in case, I am using KUbuntu 19.04.
dimesio

Re: Wine for Disco has broken packages

Post by dimesio »

The way to solve dependency issues is to work your way backwards. Try installing wine-devel, see what apt complains about, then install that. Repeat until you get to whatever is blocking the install.
Cybermax
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Wine for Disco has broken packages

Post by Cybermax »

Fiusherson wrote:Hey there!

I was excited when WINE came out for Disco Dingo, but I'm having a bit of trouble installing it.

So, whenever I get to the part where it is installing the WINE package, I get the error saying that I have unmet dependencies: winehq-devel : Depends: wine-devel (=4.7~disco) and saying I have broken packages because of that.

I also noticed that starting from 4.5, I need libfaudio installed separately beforehand. I did that, but unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem.

I have also gotten the same error on a different machine, and also in a live environment.

I tried looking up some guides to fixing broken packages, but that didn't work either.

So right now, I'm kinda lost as to how to fix this. Do any of you know how to fix this? Thanks a ton in advance.

Also, just in case, I am using KUbuntu 19.04.
I just installed winehq-devel w/libfaudio on a fresh Ubuntu Disco VM, and had no problems.

Chances are you might have had some weird packages from before, or perhaps some broken install of something? I did not test KUbuntu tho, but tbh i can't really see there should be a difference.

What does "dpkg -l|grep -i libfaudio" read for you?

It should read something like:

Code: Select all

ii  libfaudio0:amd64                           19.04-0~disco                        amd64        FAudio library
ii  libfaudio0:i386                            19.04-0~disco                        i386         FAudio library
Did you download the .deb files manually, or add the repo to apt?