Found a fix for getting bethesda.net launcher working in lut

Questions about Wine on Linux
MilktheCow

Found a fix for getting bethesda.net launcher working in lut

Post by MilktheCow »

So using this script to install BNetLauncher and 76 prereqs
at https://lutris.net/games/fallout-76/
If you get the issue where the installer refuses to actually download a game resulting in an error saying
"Error getting product info please check network connection and try again" even after running the Helper.sh bash script as instructed Here is how to fix it : D

1: Start a terminal in the folder where the script is drag and drop the script into the terminal and type run on the end and hit enter, it will say its waiting for the bethesda net launcher to run,

2:run the bethesda net launcher through lutris as usual

3: before you click install right click Fallout 76 and choose "Run EXE inside wine prefix" and choose BethesdaNetUpdater.exe

4: Wait about 5 seconds and then click the Install button, you should now be greeted with a new window asking where to install, choose the default location and it will begin downloading : D enjoy ^_^

L0ckOut

Re: Found a fix for getting bethesda.net launcher working in

Post by L0ckOut »

-Hey MTC,

I tired your steps that you listed and I was not able to get them to work. I am still receiving the "Error getting product info. Please check network connection and try again."
Bethesda says the error due to firewall blocking the application, but is decidedly unhelpful with steps to "allow" the application.
I have event tried coping the game over from a Windows PC, but the launcher doesn't recognize that it has the downloaded file.

Any help you or anyone else that is reading this post would be greatly appreciated.

**System specs:
Motherboard: Asus Z390-A
CPU: Core i7-8700K
Ram: 32 GB
Storage: M.2 256 GB SSD + M.2 1 TB SSD
Graphics: NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
Attachments
FailedFallout.png
FailedFallout.png (102.42 KiB) Viewed 3773 times