Zbrush - saved file permissions

Questions about Wine on Linux
Przemas
Level 2
Level 2

Zbrush - saved file permissions

Post by Przemas »

I've got Zbrush 2018.1 working under WINE (THE sculpting app - still not sure what made the viewport work correctly). Most of the functionality seems fine - with one exception.
I've noticed that when I open a file consisting many subtools (think - layers, sub-objects) and try to delete some of those I can't. I got a hunch and changed permissions to the file to 777 and it made delete work.
Any ideas what can I try so I won't have to change permissions of each file, each time?

It seems like WINE is launched as a "different user".
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Zbrush - saved file permissions

Post by DarkShadow44 »

What file permissions exactly are you changing? Is there a demo to reproduce?
Przemas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Przemas »

thx for checking the thread DarkShadow44. The trial can be obtained here:

https://pixologic.com/zbrush/trial/

Strange thing is that next day I've been playing a tad more with it and the issue seems to be gone. I've set up a test disk with it and if it keeps behaving this way (I mean correctly, without permission issues and other problems) it would mean I can make another workstation in my workshop Linux only :) . It has taken quite a bit of tinkering to get it running (some vcruns have to be installed and overrides set) but so far looks really promising.
Atm the only problem with Zbrush I have is that I have to uncheck "allow window decoration" in the WINE settings - otherwise the app starts in 1/4 of the screen and can't be made fullscreen (I'm on Gnome). With such setting the app starts correctly, in a fullscreen window - but sadly with a thin border around it. If I minimize and maximize again the border is gone. WOuld be awesome to get rid of it permanently - will look for solutions, if I won't figure it out I'll ask for help :) (post a thread).
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Well, when it works now there's not much point in checking. When the issue comes back, just tell us. Glad it works now. :)