WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Linux

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:43 am 

I have a really great old German audio program called "Bremmer's Multitrack Studio Plus." I haven't found it under that name, or MTS, or any of the other things it is called. I like it because if I set the BPM, I get a neatly marked boundary on each 4/4 measure of music that makes cutting and pasting audio a snap.
I also like it because the gui is intuitive, looking much like an analogue mixing board.
In any case, it seems difficult to use.
When I first installed it on a linux system in 2014, Wine could run it, but the gui looked messed up and I couldn't access any of it's functions except through keyboard shortcuts. Still it worked.
Now it appears normal, but I can't do certain things, it crashes, and still isn't functional enough for me to even test whether I can record, although I did manage to load a wav file and hear it play.
I had originally configured my audio defaults to PULSEAUDIO, although I wasn't certain whether to configure to pulseaudio or ALSA, since pulseaudio is, I think, a front end or gui for ALSA.
Regardless, the soundcard driver itself became visible after installing the program and attempting to use it, so my current defaults are "HDA intel PCH - ALC656 Analog"
Not sure if these settings are causing a problem, but I DO know that issues with software can be resolved sometimes by configuring and adding libraries... on this matter I am currently without a clue and am requesting guidance from anyone who has used any audio production software and found a workaround for their own issues.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Linux