Mint 19.1 key issue

Questions about Wine on Linux
Belakor

Mint 19.1 key issue

Post by Belakor »

I'm trying to install wine-staging on my fresh Mint 19.1 (beta) install.

I am using the instructions from https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu and retrieving the key for Ubuntu versions prior to 18.10 since Mint 19 is an 18.04 bionic base.

The key downloads and registers fine and adding the wine repo works but apt-get update gives:

Err:2 https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu bionic InRelease
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 76F1A20FF987672F

I'm not all that knowledgeable when it comes to keys so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot further. I did find and read others with the same error but in their cases it seemed to be they had made the mistake of using the Ubuntu 18.10 key which I'm not doing.

Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks!
dimesio

Re: Mint 19.1 key issue

Post by dimesio »

The repository was just updated in the last few hours to sync with the OBS, and the repository key was changed during that time. My guess is that you downloaded the old file (Release.key); you need to download the new one (winehq.key) and add it.
Belakor

Post by Belakor »

Thanks for the info, that was certainly part of the problem. I'm able to update the package cache fine but now adding winehq-staging results in:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
winehq-staging : Depends: wine-staging (= 4.0~rc2~bionic)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I had made sure that wine wasn't already installed (and checked again) and tried fix-broken and autoclean. Is the repository update complete or is there some other issue here?

Also is there any way I could have know this change was in progress and therefore waited until it was complete so as not to be doing the "wrong" thing with the install?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

The repository update is complete. I was able to install winehq-staging in 18.04 without any problems.

With dependency issues you just have to work your way backwards. Try installing wine-staging to see what's preventing that from installing. Whatever it is, try installing that, etc.

There's no way you could have known the change was in progress; I didn't even know myself until after it had started.
Belakor

Post by Belakor »

dimesio wrote:The repository update is complete. I was able to install winehq-staging in 18.04 without any problems.

With dependency issues you just have to work your way backwards. Try installing wine-staging to see what's preventing that from installing. Whatever it is, try installing that, etc.
Gotcha. That's working. I assumed that the lower dependencies would be resolved and installed. Obviously I have a lot to learn about package management.

dimesio wrote:There's no way you could have known the change was in progress; I didn't even know myself until after it had started.
No worries, I was just wondering if I had simply not paid appropriate attention.

Thanks very much for your help dimesio, I appreciate it.