anno 1404 craches often

Questions about Wine on Linux
soulless

anno 1404 craches often

Post by soulless »

I installed anno1404 gog-version successfully with notes from https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=33234

It runs fine including sound and graphics but crashes quite often with errors like:

"dlls/ntdll/heap.c: main process heap section" wait timed out in thread 003b, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
0029:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x110060 "

System is gentoo with kernel 4.19.8-gentoo, Hardware is AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics and wine version is 3.0.4.

Is tried to use a clean 32-bit-prefix without 4gpatch, Gallium Direct3D-patch, 64-bit-prefix with and without 4gpatch. But game allways crashes very often, mostly before first save after 30 minutes.

Any hints what else I can test are very welcome.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: anno 1404 craches often

Post by Bob Wya »

soulless wrote:...
It runs fine including sound and graphics but crashes quite often with errors like:
Not to point out the obvious...
But you've totally contradicted yourself in a single sentence there! :shock:

Can you post a app-emulation/wine-vanilla build log?

Preferably using a service like pastebin, but not pastebin itself!!
The forum is rubbish for posting stuff like this.
Large code boxes get scrollbars added almost immediately.

If you cat the build log file through:

Code: Select all

perl -pe 's/\x1b\[[0-9;]*[mGKH]//g'
this will make happier.
The perl regex simply strips out the annoying (for non-local use) colour codes that Portage adds!

Thanks
Bob
soulless

Re: anno 1404 craches often

Post by soulless »

:wink: sorry, no native speaker. What I wanted to say was that it starts with sound and graphics and everything working and it is playable. But not as long as I want and expect.

Yesterday I thought that the gpu perhaps is a little bit new so I added ACCEPT_KEYWORDS for mesa-18.3.1 and wine-vanilla-3.21 and that seem to help a litte. At least yesterday there were only 2 craches in 4 hours "testing".

Those Alternatives don't like 12MB so I added it to my homepage: https://www.cb-world.de/wine-vanilla-3. ... 04.log.txt