wine WoW64 build fails

Questions about Wine on Linux
warcobra

wine WoW64 build fails

Post by warcobra »

I followed the steps on https://wiki.winehq.org/Building_Biarch_Wine_On_Ubuntu to do the build. I did modify it slightly by doing

Code: Select all

sudo apt build-dep wine-staging
after it failed the first time. I also tried building wine-staging instead. Both times, it failed at

/home/chris/wineBuild/wine/build-tools//tools/winegcc/winegcc -s -o dummy.dll.so \
  -B/home/chris/wineBuild/wine/build-tools//tools/winebuild --sysroot=../../.. \
  -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -shared ../../../../dlls/kernel32/tests/dummy.spec dummy.o -luser32 \
  -ladvapi32 
ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `dummy.o' is incompatible with i386 output

that build failure was during the first build on LXC. specifically, the part where you do `make -j4`

I'm not sure how to fix this since I followed the guide. It could be a bug with the latest version of wine since i'm using the 4.0-rc1 branch. Any help would be appreciated.

Below is some related information which may or may not be useful in finding the problem:

As the guide suggested, I put the LXC 32-bit build, the host 64-bit build and the combined build in three separate build directories. These directories are located at the root of the git folder. Below are my command. wine the git folder

/wineBuild/wine/build 
wineBuild/wine/build64 
wineBuild/wine/build-tools
My configure command ran from /wineBuild/wine/build is

../configure --with-wine64=/home/chris/wineBuild/wine/build64 --with-wine-tools=/home/chris/wineBuild/wine/build-tools/
On both of the previous builds only OSS and libhal had missing dependencies. I built vkd3d from source on both host and LXC.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: wine WoW64 build fails

Post by Bob Wya »

@warcobra

Please post the full build log (especially the configure step, for each architecture).

Thanks
Bob
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: wine WoW64 build fails

Post by Bob Wya »

@warcobra,

I should have mentioned that I have a Wine / Wine Staging (+optional multiple user patch directories) multilib, Syswow64 build script for Debian / Ubuntu on Github.
See: Github: bobwya / build-multilib-wine.
This script use dual Schroot (Debian Chroot) environments (32-bit + 64-bit) to do the building.

This might provide some inspiration for you...
Or be of use directly, in place of an LXC-based solution...

Bob