Pointers to develop direct hardware access

Questions about Wine on Linux
pecoman

Pointers to develop direct hardware access

Post by pecoman »

I'm new to wine and tried to get the Sonic core Scope software to work under wine. The problem I ran into is that there is no support for the used PCI hardware. (Sonic core/Creamware Scope PCI card) I researched the net and found that wine does not support hardware that does not have a proper Linux driver. Found a reference to ReactOS but a test with that ended in the well known blue screen.

So I'm looking into making this possible myself but need some pointers on where to start.

My thought on this is to create some layer between the actual hardware and wine running the Scope driver.

Tried to fool the system by adding the PCI enumerations for this card to the wine registry, but the driver installer still says no hardware found.

I have the Scope hardware and the windows software. (Currently using windows xp 32bit)

I'm a reasonable skilled programmer with many years of experience in both the hardware and the software world.
dimesio

Re: Pointers to develop direct hardware access

Post by dimesio »

You should probably ask this on the developer's mailing list. Developers rarely read the user's forum.
pecoman

Re: Pointers to develop direct hardware access

Post by pecoman »

As said, new to wine (development)
I will look into the mailing list route.