I use Linux Mint 17.3, and my graphics card is a NVidia GeForce GTX 960 (supported with the proprietary driver). I'm trying to enable Vulkan with Wine 3.19 Staging:
- Updating the driver to 396.54.
- Installing the packages libvulkan, libvulkan:i386 and vulkan-utils.
- Checking vulkaninfo, of which the output seemed to inform me that Vulkan was well supported.
- Install some game in a specific WINE prefix.
- Install DXVK 0.70 into that prefix, according to doitsujin's instructions (I used the verb file).
- Configuring the prefix so that the DXVK libraries are used.
Nevertheless, running the game only gave me an output ending with this:
Code: Select all
00ea:err:vulkan:wine_vk_init Failed to load Wine graphics driver supporting Vulkan. 00ea:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "winevulkan.dll" failed to initialize, aborting 00ea:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Initializing dlls for L"[main_exe_for_the_game]" failed, status c0000142
Given that the problem seems linked to Vulkan support through WINE, I'd just like to know whether I missed something in the process, or did something wrong.
Any piece of enlightenment would be greatly appreciated!