Want to play emulated Gold game, emulator does not run.

Questions about Wine on Linux
davethewave83

Want to play emulated Gold game, emulator does not run.

Post by davethewave83 »

I'd like to run an emulated game "Asheron's call" on Wine, While the game it's self is in the appdb with a Gold rating, the emulator is not in the appdb as it is not well known. The emulator for Asheron's call launches using a custom launcher called ThwargLauncher that I use to connect to the server Reefcull. I've installed Wine, and even used things such as wine tricks, play on linux, and Steamplay. None of these can launch ThwargLauncher, thus the Asheron's call emulator cannot play even though it normally has a gold rating.

First, is it possible to use my Windows installation to drag the native drivers (All of them) into Wine to have Wine behave as if it were a native Windows? I have attempted this but it was unsuccessful.

and second, does anyone have advice or tips on how to get the ThwargLauncher to run? Perhaps some of you also play this and have had success?

Thank you for your time reading this and any support you may be able to offer. The game will play inside a vbox, however it is quirky and has some issues with graphic display, and movement key responsiveness.

Current version of Wine: Uninstalled, awaiting instructions/advice
here is a link to the program I'm trying to get running
http://thwargle.com/