Wine Installation and all installed wine programs quit working

Questions about Wine on Linux
Alfie_ca
Level 1
Level 1

Wine Installation and all installed wine programs quit working

Post by Alfie_ca »

I am reposting a bug in WindHQ v 6.0.0~bionic-1 update
Have Linux Mint 19.3 Trisa and I do install all updates that show up in my Update manager.
After an March update to WineHQ from version 5.03~bionic to WineHQ 6.0.0 all my 4 previously installed and perfectly running Windows programs quit working.
Also the WINE installer program quit working. Would not even run the native Windows 8 regedit.exe.
I figured this Timeshift did not fix this so regressed to March 1st. None of Windows program run again and WINE installer still did not work.
So I had reinstalled Timeshift backup from November 11/2020.
All Windows programs worked again and the WINE installer installed the upgrade just fine.
Bug confirmed:
Unfortubately now I had to Update 66 new OS updates.Those included WineHQ Wine update to v 6.0.0~bionic-1
After Updates were finished, no Windows programs and WINE installer worked again.
Had to reinstalled the Timeshift and all Updates again - but this time I removed (unchecked) the WineHQ update to
All Windows progs now work just fine.
This confirmed that only this one out of 66 updates - WineHQ update is responsible.
It has omited or removed something that make those programs work.
Please let me know how can I restore back to Wind 5.03 if v6 is installed by mistake.
That would eliminate the need to go through the timeshift and unnecessary updates all over again.
Keep up your great works, stay safe, and I do thank you in advance
Alfie_ca