Unable to install GOG setup file

Questions about Wine on Linux
CaptainHilts

Unable to install GOG setup file

Post by CaptainHilts »

Hey all. When I go to install the GOG exe, Wine is unable to continue, it varies between saying that I need .NET or that something went wrong.
I've been going through some of the dotnet dll's but they uninstall mono and then say that they can't find mono.

Here is the output in terminal when I try to run the exe. Does anyone have an idea what I should be doing here?

WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/snafu" wine GOG_Galaxy_System_Shock_2.exe

0044:fixme:urlmon:InternetBindInfo_GetBindString not supported string type 20
004b:fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW (0x156418,0x70ec60,0x76c623e4),stub!
004b:fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!
004f:fixme:service:svcctl_EnumServicesStatusW resume index not supported
004b:fixme:ras:RasEnumEntriesW ((nil),(null),0x1666d0,0x70f490,0x1660bc),stub!
004c:err:secur32:schan_AcquireClientCredentials Could not find matching protocol
004c:fixme:crypt:CRYPT_RegControl CERT_STORE_CTRL_AUTO_RESYNC: stub
004c:fixme:crypt:CRYPT_RegControl CERT_STORE_CTRL_AUTO_RESYNC: stub
0044:fixme:urlmon:DownloadBSC_OnStopBinding No cache file
0059:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
0044:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33fe14 (nil)): stub
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Unable to install GOG setup file

Post by jkfloris »

According to the AppDB GOG Galaxy have some issues with Wine but there are some workarounds [1]
Did you use Wine Staging and the symlink $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/ProgramData to $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/users/Public before installing?

The game itself should run out of the box. [2] Is it possible to run System Shock 2 without GOG Galaxy? [3]

[1] https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... gId=103769
[2] https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=27660

[3]
From GOG.com:
GOG Galaxy is fully optional because you don’t need it to play games on GOG.com. If you want to, you can simply download your game via your browser, install it manually, and launch it offline, just like we've always done it on GOG.com. If you decide to use GOG Galaxy for some aspects of the convenience, you can still switch to offline mode at whim and play your games. Optional also means that all features in GOG Galaxy can be turned off. Not a fan of achievements or auto-updates? No problem, they're extras.
CaptainHilts

Re: Unable to install GOG setup file

Post by CaptainHilts »

I installed the game no problem without GOG Galaxy. Thanks for pointing this out.