Ant Movie Catalog install question

Questions about Wine on Linux
michaelbr
Level 2
Level 2

Ant Movie Catalog install question

Post by michaelbr »

It seems that most of the movie catalog apps for Linux have been abandoned (Griffith, GCstar, Data Crow), so I'm thinking in installing Ant Movie Catalog, which is only available in Windows, this is the first time I'm installing an app using Wine, still in the steep learning curve, it seems that Winetrick can install Windows app fairly easy, but I'm not sure if any apps can be installed using Winetrick. Can someone give me some pointers how should I start?
Thanks
dimesio

Re: Ant Movie Catalog install question

Post by dimesio »

According to the AppDB, Ant Movie Catalog hasn't been tested in Wine in a very long time, but when it was, it worked out of the box. Hopefully that's still true for the current versions of the app and Wine.

As to how to install, see https://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User%27s_G ... s_programs.
michaelbr
Level 2
Level 2

Post by michaelbr »

dimesio wrote:According to the AppDB, Ant Movie Catalog hasn't been tested in Wine in a very long time, but when it was, it worked out of the box. Hopefully that's still true for the current versions of the app and Wine.

As to how to install, see https://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User%27s_G ... s_programs.
Thanks dimesio for your reply, if I install it without a glitch, how can I post it to the AppDB? Do I have to create another userid? I'm new to Linux/Wine. Thanks.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

michaelbr wrote:Thanks dimesio for your reply, if I install it without a glitch, how can I post it to the AppDB? Do I have to create another userid? I'm new to Linux/Wine. Thanks.
Yes, the AppDB is a separate account from the forum.