Dungeon Siege 1 and Dungeon Siege LOA

Questions about Wine on Linux
Lah Ca
Level 1
Level 1

Dungeon Siege 1 and Dungeon Siege LOA

Post by Lah Ca »

A long time ago, I installed Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege LOA in Ubuntu 16.04 using Wine. Of course I did not document how I did it - whether I had to install any dlls or not. I do not remember encountering much difficulty.

Now I cannot install in Ubuntu 18.04.

Has anyone tried these games in 18.04. I know they are ancient. LOL.

Very low priority here. :)
Lah Ca
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Dungeon Siege 1 and Dungeon Siege LOA

Post by Lah Ca »

Bump! This one has fallen off the edge of the first page and off into oblivion, so I will bump it up to the fore in the event that someone who can help sees it. Again this is low priority. No broken hearts if nobody answers.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

Can you tell us what went wrong?
https://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User's_Gui ... mmand_line
Lah Ca
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lah Ca »

jkfloris wrote:
Can you tell us what went wrong?
https://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User's_Gui ... mmand_line
At the immediate moment, no. The old first gen OCZ SSD drive in the system I was working on decided to pack it in, shortly after loading 18.04. So I cannot go back to that installation. I will try again on the current installation in a bit. I only really ever play the games when I am sick, simple fare, rather like comfort food. As soon as I get through my priority list to the point where this becomes a let's-do-this-today task, I will attempt installation again.

My question here, at this point, was addressed at anyone who might have them installed to see if they could tell me how they did it.

I will return here, later, with a different approach - here is what is going wrong - how can we overcome this.

The two games ran quite well in Wine on 16.04. DS1 ran just as well as it did in Windows and with all the same stability problems. DSLOA was a bit more stable, but sometimes it had to be launched and exited and relaunched a number of times before it would deliver an appropriate screen resolution.

Thank you for the reply. I shall return later.