How to apply this fix? (Starcraft 2)

Questions about Wine on Linux
benfranklin

How to apply this fix? (Starcraft 2)

Post by benfranklin »

Hi all,

I'm new to Linux and having problems with Starcraft 2, no sounds and freezing (Wine Staging 3.13). I feel bad because I found the bug documented on this page and the comments suggest a fix to this but I'm clueless as to how to go about this. I don't have much background in this area so I don't know anything about reverting a commit. I also searched a long time to locate the file where that code is, which I should change, but also without success.

Sorry for this dumb post. I'd be super grateful for any help! The game actually seems slow so I don't know if this will fix it but I want to try before giving up and playing the game on windows.
dimesio

Re: How to apply this fix? (Starcraft 2)

Post by dimesio »

The bug has been marked fixed, so just wait for the next release of wine-staging.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: How to apply this fix? (Starcraft 2)

Post by Bob Wya »

@benfranklin

Also Lutris: Download (third-party open source gaming platform) has an install script for Starcraft II that uses an unaffected version of Wine Staging (3.11).

FYI the YAML SC2 install script: Lutris Games: Starcraft II.

The custom built version of Wine Staging, used by this Lutris installer, includes a number of performance enhancing patch-sets (e.g. Wine-PBA).

Bob