Lightwave 2015/2018 license problem

Questions about Wine on Linux
Babylon77

Lightwave 2015/2018 license problem

Post by Babylon77 »

Hi,

Lightwave 2015 & 2018 use windows firewall setup in order to take access to some local resources through network. It uses FW to access license key too. Does anyone know how to reproduce Windows Firewall setup for Lightwave in Linux?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Lightwave 2015/2018 license problem

Post by DarkShadow44 »

AFAIK wine doesn't implement any firewall.
How would you use a firewall to access a license key, btw?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

There's another thread that also claims that Lightwave somehow needs the Windows firewall to be active in order to work, but it, too, provides no actual evidence that this is the case.

What I did find from googling "Lightwave Windows firewall" is a notice that said:
IMPORTANT! Windows firewall rules may be preventing the data stream even though the setup appears correct. A quick way to troubleshoot this is to disable the Windows firewall for the network connection that the console is on and re-check for track data changes.
So the problem on Windows appears to be the Windows firewall blocking the app, not that that app needs the Windows firewall. It is of course possible that the Linux firewall is also blocking the app running in Wine, but that would need to be handled by changing the rules in the Linux firewall, not by anything in Wine.

IMO, at this point it would be more fruitful for someone to post terminal output from the latest development or staging release.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

From the other thread
wineink wrote:
DarkShadow44 wrote:AFAIK firewall currently that's simply not supported in WINE. But I I don't understand why the firewall would have to be on for it to work. You can test on windows if that's true though.
The native Windows firewall isn't supported in Wine and that's the problem. Lightwave activates itself through the Windows firewall so without a workaround, there's no way to legally register and activate Lightwave in Linux which forces those of us that use Lightwave to dual boot. So the original post was made in hopes that someone knew a workaround (or even better, that developers might implement whatever rules are necessary here to get legally purchased software to activate under wine).
I highly doubt this is the issue, a firewall only blocks things - but how would you need a firewall for authentication? Only thing I can think of is that the program aborts when it detects the firewall is offline, but that doesn't seem to likely.
As dimesio said, please provide a log.

Did you already try the latest staging release? If no, please do, older vanilla wine releases have known issues that should be fixed there.
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

DarkShadow44 wrote:From the other thread
wineink wrote:
DarkShadow44 wrote:AFAIK firewall currently that's simply not supported in WINE. But I I don't understand why the firewall would have to be on for it to work. You can test on windows if that's true though.
The native Windows firewall isn't supported in Wine and that's the problem. Lightwave activates itself through the Windows firewall so without a workaround, there's no way to legally register and activate Lightwave in Linux which forces those of us that use Lightwave to dual boot. So the original post was made in hopes that someone knew a workaround (or even better, that developers might implement whatever rules are necessary here to get legally purchased software to activate under wine).
I highly doubt this is the issue, a firewall only blocks things - but how would you need a firewall for authentication? Only thing I can think of is that the program aborts when it detects the firewall is offline, but that doesn't seem to likely.
As dimesio said, please provide a log.

Did you already try the latest staging release? If no, please do, older vanilla wine releases have known issues that should be fixed there.

This is 100% the issue. If you read through my original post here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28426 you'll see that I contacted NewTek's customer service and tech guys and they confirmed that the reason we can't activate our Windows license under Wine on Linux is because Wine doesn't emulate Windows native firewall which a required component in activating the Lightwave license since version 11.x (the version where they stopped using the dongle).

As far as the suggested work arounds go, yes, I've tried all that. I've been using Linux for almost 20 years so I'm very familiar with troubleshooting. My original post was started, again, in hopes that someone, somewhere had found a way to emulate Windows native firewall in Wine.

Again, this issue is known to NewTek and since they don't have a Wine specific installer that bypasses the need for a firewall or leaves is Lightwaving Linux enthusiasts dual booting.

One thing to note, you can activate the trial on Linux but this is because the trial is node locked and doesn't activate through Windows firewall.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

wineink wrote:If you read through my original post here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28426 you'll see that I contacted NewTek's customer service and tech guys and they confirmed that the reason we can't activate our Windows license under Wine on Linux is because Wine doesn't emulate Windows native firewall which a required component in activating the Lightwave license since version 11.x
You never said that, only that you read a forum post - which might or might not be accurate.
Can you post what exactly the customer service said?
Sorry for doubting, but that's just not what a firewall does. But as said, without a license to test or logs, we probably can't do much.
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
wineink wrote:If you read through my original post here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28426 you'll see that I contacted NewTek's customer service and tech guys and they confirmed that the reason we can't activate our Windows license under Wine on Linux is because Wine doesn't emulate Windows native firewall which a required component in activating the Lightwave license since version 11.x
You never said that, only that you read a forum post - which might or might not be accurate.
Can you post what exactly the customer service said?
Sorry for doubting, but that's just not what a firewall does. But as said, without a license to test or logs, we probably can't do much.
You're right, I forgot to mention that in the original post. Sorry, I thought I had but it appears I confused this thread with one I'd engaged in from the NewTek forums.

I'm aware that firewalls are generally used to block both outgoing and incoming communication.

Check out this post here: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php ... ost1298017 this is the post I was referring to on my original post and what led to later conversations with NewTek customer service confirming that Wine not supporting/having Windows native firewall is the reason we can't activate our licenses on Linux through wine.

[strike]I spoke with them about this well over a year ago. I'll dig through my emails and see if I can find the emails I'm referencing but no promises.[/strike]

EDIT / ADD:
Ok, they keep track of all their customer reports online so I was able to log into my account and retrieve one of our conversations:

ME:
think I may have figured out why I can't activate my license through Wine. Apparently Windows Firewall has to be up and running in order to successfully activate the license, see:
http://forums.newtek.com/archive/index. ... 41614.html
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php ... ost1298017

Wine doesn't come with, neither supports, Windows Firewall. I've tried a slew of different things, ranging from copying native Windows .dlls to Wine's System32 folder to editing reg keys and hkeys but so far nothing's come of it.

So I guess this a feature request...? To perhaps have a Lightwave installer that doesn't require Windows Firewall or allows the option to bypass it if Wine is detected.

THEM:
Can't do it so that it doesn't require the firewall - but that's what we found in our experiments too

Just need a Linux version of LightWave. No shortcut around it really.

We know it's wanted by a few - we have it on our master list, and other feature requests-

-----
Terminal output:

Code: Select all

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libdlfaker.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libvglfaker.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libdlfaker.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libvglfaker.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 3.11 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
002e:fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init_in_situ unknown flags ignored: 2
002e:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x8350000 0 0x23e770 4 stub
002e:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x8460000 0 0x23e770 4 stub
002e:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x23dee0 1 C) semi-stub
002e:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x23d960 1 C) semi-stub
002e:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0xa87b0, L"Layout Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d0e0
002e:fixme:win:DisableProcessWindowsGhosting : stub
002e:fixme:win:RegisterRawInputDevices Unhandled flags 0x1000 for device 0.
002e:fixme:win:RegisterRawInputDevices Unhandled flags 0x1000 for device 1.
002e:err:module:import_dll Library crypt32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rsaenh.dll") not found
002e:fixme:crypt:CRYPT_LoadProvider Failed to load dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rsaenh.dll"
002e:err:module:import_dll Library crypt32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rsaenh.dll") not found
002e:fixme:crypt:CRYPT_LoadProvider Failed to load dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rsaenh.dll"
002e:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xd0fb518) stub
002e:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xd122e18) stub
002e:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xd0ed048) stub
002e:fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x876aee61) stub
002e:err:wgl:glxdrv_wglShareLists Recreating OpenGL context to share display lists, although the context has been current!
002e:err:wgl:glxdrv_wglShareLists Recreating OpenGL context to share display lists, although the context has been current!
002e:err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Setting multithreaded command stream to 0.
002e:fixme:win:GetRawInputBuffer (pData=0x238a70, pcbSize=0x238a60, cbSizeHeader=24) stub!
002e:fixme:win:DefRawInputProc (paRawInput=0x3000000000, nInput=1, cbSizeHeader=24) stub!
I'm using Wine on Antergos right now but I get the same results with Ubuntu, Fedora, etc, as well as pre-packaged and compiled builds, older and newer versions. I have crypt32 installed (through winetricks) and have tried activating both with and without it installed but to no avail.

Thanks for your interest.
Last edited by wineink on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

Attaching a screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot of LW recognizing the license but being unable to use it due to Windows native firewall not being implemented in Wine.
Screenshot of LW recognizing the license but being unable to use it due to Windows native firewall not being implemented in Wine.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

@wineink,

From the look of your log output, you'd definitely want to retest your application in a 32-bit WINEPREFIX...

Bob
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

Bob Wya wrote:@wineink,

From the look of your log output, you'd definitely want to retest your application in a 32-bit WINEPREFIX...

Bob
Nah, unfortunately that doesn't work either. I've been trying to activate it on Linux since version 11.6. Both 32 and 64 bit variants of 11.x and 2015.x refuse to activate because Wine hasn't implemented the Windows native firewall doohickies that are necessary for Lightwave to activate.

Thanks.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Can you provide a log where that crypt32 issue doesn't appear? Like, just a fresh WINEPREFIX with the program installed.
Also, can you confirm that, when dual booting, disabling the firewall service breaks it, and enabling it again fixes it?
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

DarkShadow44 wrote:Can you provide a log where that crypt32 issue doesn't appear? Like, just a fresh WINEPREFIX with the program installed.
Also, can you confirm that, when dual booting, disabling the firewall service breaks it, and enabling it again fixes it?
So, after disabling the Windows firewall and deleting the inbound/outbound rules associated with LightWave in Windows 7 pro 64bit, I can confirm that a legally licensed copy of Lightwave reverts back to "Discovery Mode", giving us the same error that one sees in Linux under Wine.

Notes:
-disabling the firewall wasn't enough to kill my license, I had to delete the inbound/outbound rules too.
-once the rules were deleted and I wanted to reactivate my Lightwave, I had t uninstall Lightwave and then reinstall it (after re-enabling the Windows firewall).

Will give the Wine/Linux tries a whirl in a moment.
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

Screenshots.
Attachments
With Firewall
With Firewall
No Firewall
No Firewall
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

On a side note, this is unrelated to Lightwave but is related to (possibly) Windows native firewall and/or implementing inbound/outbound rules being the gateway to activating some of our legally purchased software on Linux through Wine. Another couple of pieces of software I haven't been able to activate on Linux are relatively recent SmithMicro products like Anime Studio Pro 11 and Motion Artist. After deleting the inbound/outbound tables for Lightwave on Windows, I went ahead and tried the same thing with my other paid-for apps to see what was affected. Adobe products were fine as was the bulk of my toolbox; SmithMicro stuff got toasted though and I had to reactivate all my licenses.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

If they're using the official firewall API, a "WINEDEBUG=hnetcfg" log could help. Would be nice to know what they're trying to do, maybe they're enumerating the rules and error when they don't exist?

EDIT: Would you mind creating a bug report for this issue, so that we can collect the necessary data there?
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

Linux logs with LightWave 2018.05 (download trial here: https://www.lightwave3d.com/try/ ) using Wine-Staging-Nine 3.11-1 from the main Arch repositories.

Note:
It is necessary to install Bonjour (download quicktime, extract it, install bonjour) in order to install Lightwave 2018. Other than that I'm working with a clean Wine Prefix.

Bonjour install log:

0009:err:file:init_redirects cannot open L"C:\\windows" (c000000f)
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 3.11 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
0012:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
0012:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}
0012:err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x80004002
0012:err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}, 80004002
0012:err:ole:get_local_server_stream Failed: 80004002
0014:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
0014:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}
0014:err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x80004002
0014:err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}, 80004002
0014:err:ole:get_local_server_stream Failed: 80004002
0017:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0017:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0017:err:msi:execute_command unable to execute command 267
0017:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0017:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0019:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0019:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0019:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0010:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0010:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x6dbd1518
001b:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x69ebd3de, context 0x90c1f0, init_notify 0, handle 0x11cfa10): stub
0039:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0039:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0039:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0037:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0037:fixme:kerberos:kerberos_SpInstanceInit 65536,0xf596d3a0,(nil): stub
0037:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x6d5d3018
003b:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x6a0cb608, context 0x83b660, init_notify 0, handle 0x104fc88): stub
0037:err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winegstreamer.dll": libgstvideo-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Lightwave install log (installed using "optirun wine" in a terminal):

RROR: ld.so: object 'libdlfaker.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
0014:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0019:fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L"Bonjour Service"): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventA (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x55f820,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x152f0,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
0019:fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt Unknown IPPROTO_IPV6 optname 0x00000013
0019:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request failed with status 0x2733
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventA (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x55f520,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x152f0,(nil)): stub
0019:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"ERROR: bind(listenfd, (struct sockaddr *) &laddr, sizeof(laddr)); failed: 317 ()"
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventA (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x55f520,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x152f0,(nil)): stub
0019:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"ERROR: udsserver_init: 317 (Message 0x not found in file )"
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventA (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x55f820,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x152f0,(nil)): stub
0009:fixme:font:freetype_SelectFont Untranslated charset 255
0009:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0009:fixme:kerberos:kerberos_SpInstanceInit 65536,0xf79403a0,(nil): stub
0009:fixme:wintab32:X11DRV_WTInfoW Return proper size
0009:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x1007a, 0x1a0cd8): stub
0009:fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
0009:fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
0045:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0045:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0048:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0048:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0048:fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\........}\\", 00000000): stub
0045:fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity (0x33f57c,-1,(nil),(nil),6,2,(nil),12288,(nil)) - stub!
004f:fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete stub
0048:fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\.......\\", 00000000): stub
0045:fixme:wuapi:automatic_updates_Pause 
0045:fixme:sfc:SRSetRestorePointW 0x33f454 0x33f664
0045:fixme:wuapi:automatic_updates_Resume 
0051:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0051:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0054:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0054:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0054:fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\........}\\", 00000000): stub
0051:fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity (0x33f57c,-1,(nil),(nil),6,2,(nil),12288,(nil)) - stub!
005b:fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete stub
0054:fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\.......}\\", 00000000): stub
0051:fixme:wuapi:automatic_updates_Pause 
0051:fixme:sfc:SRSetRestorePointW 0x33f454 0x33f664
0051:fixme:wuapi:automatic_updates_Resume 
005d:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0060:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0060:fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:.......}\\", 00000000): stub
005d:fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity (0x33f79c,-1,(nil),(nil),6,2,(nil),12288,(nil)) - stub!
0067:fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete stub
0067:err:richedit:ReadStyleSheet skipping optional destination
0060:fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:......}\\", 00000000): stub
005d:fixme:wuapi:automatic_updates_Pause 
005d:fixme:sfc:SRSetRestorePointW 0x33f66c 0x33f87c
005d:fixme:wuapi:automatic_updates_Resume 
006a:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
006a:fixme:sfc:SRSetRestorePointA 0x33fb48 0x5a8504
006a:fixme:wintrust:SOFTPUB_VerifyImageHash Cannot verify hash for pszObjId="1.3.6.1.4.1.311.2.1.25"
006a:fixme:wintrust:SOFTPUB_VerifyImageHash Cannot verify hash for pszObjId="1.3.6.1.4.1.311.2.1.25"
006c:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x240000 0 0x23fbf0 4 stub
006c:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x240000 0 0x23fbf0 4 stub
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_SetValue (0xbbd6078)->(0x117a294 0x8b8400): stub
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_SetValue (0xbbd6078)->(0x117a280 0x8b8400): stub
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_Commit (0xbbd6078): stub
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_SetValue (0xbbd6078)->(0x117a294 0x8b7f90): stub
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_SetValue (0xbbd6078)->(0x117a280 0x8b7f90): stub
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x833d0, L"Layout", 0x23deb8
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x83450, L"Modeler", 0x23deb8
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x83450, L"Hub", 0x23deb8
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x83600, L"Layout Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d9f0
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:fwpolicy2_get_CurrentProfileTypes 0x835c0 0x23dee8
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x83680, L"Modeler Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d9f0
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x83680, L"Hub Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d9f0
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x83700, L"Feedback Agent Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d9f0
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:fwpolicy2_get_CurrentProfileTypes 0x836c0 0x23dee8
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x837b0, L"NRC Controller Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d9f0
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:fwpolicy2_get_CurrentProfileTypes 0x835b0 0x23dee8
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x837b0, L"NRC Controller Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Outbound", 0x23d9f0
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x837b0, L"NRC Service Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d9f0
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x837b0, L"NRC Service Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Outbound", 0x23d9f0
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x837b0, L"NRC Tasker Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d9f0
0084:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0x837b0, L"NRC Tasker Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Outbound", 0x23d9f0
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_SetValue (0xbbd6078)->(0x117a294 0x8b8100): stub
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_SetValue (0xbbd6078)->(0x117a280 0x8b8100): stub
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_SetValue (0xbbd6b88)->(0x117a294 0x8b6c10): stub
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_SetValue (0xbbd6b88)->(0x117a280 0x8b6c10): stub
0009:fixme:shell:propertystore_Commit (0xbbd6b88): stub
0098:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
0098:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
[.....]$ 0098:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x678b98) stub
0098:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x640efa88) stub
0098:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x293c48) stub
0098:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x4204b8) stub
0098:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x654ece38) stub
0098:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x1804fe9a0) stub
0098:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x6750bc78) stub
[.....]$ 0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventA (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x55f820,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x157f0,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x157f0,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
So, it seems that the problem is actually created during install rather than post-install...? I see a lot of errors related to setting "netfw rules" with both "inbound" and "outbound".
Last edited by wineink on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

DarkShadow44 wrote:If they're using the official firewall API, a "WINEDEBUG=hnetcfg" log could help. Would be nice to know what they're trying to do, maybe they're enumerating the rules and error when they don't exist?

EDIT: Would you mind creating a bug report for this issue, so that we can collect the necessary data there?
Sure, no problem. Just let me know what you'd need from me.

I'm attaching two more logs, one before adding my licensing key and one after:
Before:

0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x152a0,(nil)): stub
0019:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request failed with status 0x2733
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x157f0,(nil)): stub
0019:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"ERROR: bind(listenfd, (struct sockaddr *) &laddr, sizeof(laddr)); failed: 317 ()"
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x157f0,(nil)): stub
0019:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"ERROR: udsserver_init: 317 (Message 0x not found in file )"
0033:fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init_in_situ unknown flags ignored: 2
0033:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x8350000 0 0x23e770 4 stub
0033:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x8460000 0 0x23e770 4 stub
0033:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
0033:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x23dee0 1 C) semi-stub
0033:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x23d960 1 C) semi-stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x9997238) stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x9998218) stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x99a79d8) stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x99a4398) stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x99babe8) stub
0033:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0xa8780, L"Layout Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d0e0
0033:fixme:win:DisableProcessWindowsGhosting : stub
0033:fixme:win:RegisterRawInputDevices Unhandled flags 0x1000 for device 0.
0033:fixme:win:RegisterRawInputDevices Unhandled flags 0x1000 for device 1.

0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xcfa4638) stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xcfae088) stub

0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x248398) stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x1800254c0) stub
[.....]$ 0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventA (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x55f820,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x15830,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x15830,(nil)): stub
After:

0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x152a0,(nil)): stub
0033:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x8350000 0 0x23e770 4 stub
0033:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x8460000 0 0x23e770 4 stub
0033:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x23dee0 1 C) semi-stub
0033:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x23d960 1 C) semi-stub
0033:fixme:hnetcfg:netfw_rules_Item 0xa87a0, L"Layout Win64 2018.0.5 (38af0784d1d7) Inbound", 0x23d0e0
0033:fixme:win:DisableProcessWindowsGhosting : stub
0033:fixme:win:RegisterRawInputDevices Unhandled flags 0x1000 for device 0.
0033:fixme:win:RegisterRawInputDevices Unhandled flags 0x1000 for device 1.
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xcfcb518) stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xcff2e18) stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xcfbd048) stub
0033:fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x876adb11) stub
0033:err:wgl:glxdrv_wglShareLists Recreating OpenGL context to share display lists, although the context has been current!
0033:err:wgl:glxdrv_wglShareLists Recreating OpenGL context to share display lists, although the context has been current!
0033:fixme:win:GetRawInputBuffer (pData=0x238a70, pcbSize=0x238a60, cbSizeHeader=24) stub!
0033:fixme:win:DefRawInputProc (paRawInput=0x3000000000, nInput=1, cbSizeHeader=24) stub!
0033:fixme:win:GetRawInputBuffer (pData=0x238a70, pcbSize=0x238a60, cbSizeHeader=24) stub!
0033:fixme:win:DefRawInputProc (paRawInput=0x3000000000, nInput=1, cbSizeHeader=24) stub!
0033:fixme:win:PhysicalToLogicalPoint (0x100ac 0x239e50) stub
0033:fixme:win:DefRawInputProc (paRawInput=0x3000000000, nInput=1, cbSizeHead

0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x248398) stub
0033:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x1800254c0) stub

0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x15950,(nil)): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000064,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x158c0,(nil)): stub
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

I see, the problem here seems to be https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previo ... rules-item

It seems to try to get the firewall rule, but wine doesn't support that. Since the program stops working when you delete the firewall rules on windows, we probably need that function.
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

DarkShadow44 wrote:I see, the problem here seems to be https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previo ... rules-item

It seems to try to get the firewall rule, but wine doesn't support that. Since the program stops working when you delete the firewall rules on windows, we probably need that function.
Should I email the WineHQ Bugzilla Administrator with this info?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

wineink wrote:Should I email the WineHQ Bugzilla Administrator with this info?
Please don't, just create a new bugreport for this issue.
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
wineink wrote:Should I email the WineHQ Bugzilla Administrator with this info?
Please don't, just create a new bugreport for this issue.
Ok, it's here: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45432
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

wineink wrote:...
The Bug Report title is really mangled...

I'd suggest:
Lightwave Software Licensing requires native Windows Firewall - netfw_rules

rather than:
Implement Windows Native Firewall Rules for Lightwave Software Licensing - netfw_rules
(which reads like you've developed a cool new patchset for Wine!!)

Bob
wineink
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wineink »

Bob Wya wrote:
wineink wrote:...
The Bug Report title is really mangled...

I'd suggest:
Lightwave Software Licensing requires native Windows Firewall - netfw_rules

rather than:
Implement Windows Native Firewall Rules for Lightwave Software Licensing - netfw_rules
(which reads like you've developed a cool new patchset for Wine!!)

Bob
Changed it. Thanks for the advice.
Babylon77

Post by Babylon77 »

Thanks to all!