League of Legends

Questions about Wine on Linux
[email protected]

League of Legends

Post by [email protected] »

I'm a bit new here, so bare with me. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to address the issues with the latest anti-cheating patch (8.12) issues with LoL? If not, what is the right way for me to get involved and help? I'm a developer and think I could contribute code if pointed in the right direction.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: League of Legends

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Didn't test that recently - mostly because I had a hard time getting LoL to work even without an anti-cheat.

I'll warn you though, anti-cheat is usually nasty - and you might even risk getting banned (not sure how likely, but you can always make a second account).
But keep in mind that this anti-cheat seems to actually fight against wine because of it's nature of "not being windows" - and while we might get it to work, it might be tilting at windmills.

For starters, I'd try to start a game and see where something goes wrong. When you identified a problem, you can try to fix it. I can't tell you exactly how though. Mostly analyzing logs and debugging the assembly I guess. The wiki has some starting points, but for me personally just diving in is the most effective way to learn.