What DLLs does windows use for appearance properties?

Questions about Wine on Linux
Weboh

What DLLs does windows use for appearance properties?

Post by Weboh »

I want to make the After Dark screensavers work on WINE. It installs fine without giving me any error messages. However, it doesn't work because in Windows, it was attached to the appearance dialog (the thing you change the screensaver, wallpaper, etc from), I think if I could at least get those DLLs installed in the Wineprefix, I could begin to troubleshoot what to do to make it run better.

Thanks for any advice.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: What DLLs does windows use for appearance properties?

Post by DarkShadow44 »

AFAIK wine doesn't have a dialog like that, but you could always try running the screen saver program directly.
Weboh

Post by Weboh »

I tried just running it but it didn't work because it relies on Windows' screensaver APIs, which WINE doesn't have by default. I know I can just install the DLLs I need from a Windows installation, so I'm hoping if I just copy over the DLLs for that dialog and the screensaver functionality, I should be good to go.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Using a dll might or might not work. You can always try if you know what you're doing.
Do you have a free download so I could test it?
Weboh

Post by Weboh »

I do but the mods won't let me give a link because it would technically be illegal. It's abandonware at this point though, as it can't be bought new so the developers don't lose any money by us not buying it... I guess the mods have to be overly cautious. You can Google for it, though. That's how I found the link I tried to give you.