IBM Personal Communications 5.01

Questions about Wine on Linux
ddebevec

IBM Personal Communications 5.01

Post by ddebevec »

I'm currently running IBM Personal Communications 3270 emulator via wine. I'm encountering an issue where additional keystrokes are being added during normal operation of the emulator. I read where Linux and Windows handle keystroke differently and could cause this problem. If this is true, how do disable one or the other so that I just send the keystrokes that I enter. I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Thanks!
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: IBM Personal Communications 5.01

Post by DarkShadow44 »

What exactly happens and what did you expect to happen? More info would be nice.
ddebevec

Post by ddebevec »

The software emulates a 3270 terminal which is textural. If it try to display the attributes of a dataset, I type an "I" in front of it and hit enter. When I do it under wine, I enter "I" and it displays the attribute screen momentarily, then reverts back to the original screen as though I pressed the (P)F3 key. I've had a few other encounters similar to that.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

You need to keep in mind that we have no idea what you're talking about. So some kind of screen doesn't open properly? Did you make sure that it actually sends a (P)F3 key?