Paprika Recipe Manger - Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Questions about Wine on Linux
turnipghost

Paprika Recipe Manger - Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Post by turnipghost »

Hiya all. I've hit a wall with this and could use some help. I've recently installed Ubuntu 18.04 on a Lenovo 320. I'm trying to install Paprika Recipe Manger (windows edition) and am not having luck. I installed wine and winetricks, then installed dotnet4, upgraded to 4.5, and was able to install the program, but it wouldn't open right because of a depenancie issue I should have written down. I thought it was because its a 64 bit laptop. So I uninstalled everything and made sure to set up a 32 bit wine environment. Now I can't get dotnet4 to install at all... I tried PlayOnLinux too but didn't have much luck.

I found a previous post about Paprika on here, but it was from 2016. I did find this link:
http://sourcedigit.com/23291-install-wi ... x-systems/

Which kinda makes it sound like I should install Wine Development through Ubuntu Software, and try that with winetricks to get dotnet going.

Does that sound like an OK path? I've also seen some fairly negative reviews of wine on ubuntu, so I'm not opposed to switching OS.

Help?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Paprika Recipe Manger - Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Got it to run with

Code: Select all

WINEARCH=win32 winetricks -q dotnet45 win7
wine msiexec /i PaprikaSetup.msi
wine paprika
However, you need latest (3.x) wine-staging for that to work.
Sidenote: The dotnet install freezes sometimes with wine-staging, when that happens and you get a timeout message in the console, just run "wineserver -k" in another terminal.
turnipghost

Post by turnipghost »

Thank you so much for looking into this! Quick question on wine-staging.... I havaen't been around for a while and was doing some reading on staging. Seems its not supported anymore, so fine. But I can't seem to find where to install it. Could I trouble you for some more help?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

It's still supported, you can get it as usually from https://wiki.winehq.org/Download.