Watch Dogs no sound after menu

Questions about Wine on Linux
caiot5

Watch Dogs no sound after menu

Post by caiot5 »

I've already filled a Bug at Bugzilla but as it is a strange issue I decided to post here aswell.
Well it has been a while since Watch Dogs has been working with wine-staging and I've been trying to play it since them but I found that the most annoying issue with this game is that the sound works only at the main menu, after that, I cannot get any sounds.
I've tried so many things like installing directx end-user redistributables, changing winecfg to windows xp version, setting sound to stereo instead of 5.1, applied hotfixes and etc but none of them seem to fix it.

I beg for someone who knows how to make sound work in this game to help me (I know it is possible because there are youtube videos showing it running with sound).

Thanks in advance.
Caio
fettouhi
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Watch Dogs no sound after menu

Post by fettouhi »

caiot5 wrote:I've already filled a Bug at Bugzilla but as it is a strange issue I decided to post here aswell.
Well it has been a while since Watch Dogs has been working with wine-staging and I've been trying to play it since them but I found that the most annoying issue with this game is that the sound works only at the main menu, after that, I cannot get any sounds.
I've tried so many things like installing directx end-user redistributables, changing winecfg to windows xp version, setting sound to stereo instead of 5.1, applied hotfixes and etc but none of them seem to fix it.

I beg for someone who knows how to make sound work in this game to help me (I know it is possible because there are youtube videos showing it running with sound).

Thanks in advance.
Caio
I tried Watch Dogs today with wine-staging 3.17 and dxvk 0.81 on Arch Linux with a 64 bit prefix. Still there is no sound in-game menus at the start have sound. Has anyone com across a solution to this?