Exception error "Invalid operation in GDI+ (Code: 1)"

Questions about Wine on Linux
GK59

Exception error "Invalid operation in GDI+ (Code: 1)"

Post by GK59 »

Now I'm new to Wine and looking forward to working more as I get on here but I'm in the midst of investigating/searching on this error and also looking through the Wine DB but thought I'd put this up in the meantime to see if anyone has experienced this before, I'm getting this while running SolSuite 18.5 and knowing that the latest version of this game is listed as v16.0 or earlier14.3 , I'm curious if the error listed below could or could not be related to this fact:

Exception EdxGdipException in module
SolSuite.exe 000D5EEE
Invalid operation in GDI+ (Code: 1).

This is being run on Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and from what I've found thus far, seems only this game has run successfully, albeit older versions on previous Ubuntu installations. Any insight on this would be of great help, thanks so much.
GK59

Re: Exception error "Invalid operation in GDI+ (Code: 1)"

Post by GK59 »

Update: being the person I am where I like to dig in to see how things work, doing it on my own etc. I capitulated and went ahead and installed the trial of Crossover Linux and not only does SolSuite 16.4 work fine but I followed this up with installing the latest version 18.5 and it works fine also and this is all upon the developmental version of Cosmic Cuttlefish 18.10.

One question is though, should I necessarily remove any existing version of Wine? As much as I'm a tinkerer and tech junkie, I'm planning on purchasing Crossover probably at the end of my trial, but nonetheless I'd sure like to know what the process was that allows for this game to work, all of the processes involved and what steps I could've undertaken with Wine to make this so.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Exception error "Invalid operation in GDI+ (Code: 1)"

Post by DarkShadow44 »

You shouldn't have to remove Wine, but it won't hurt either.

Btw, the program seems to work fine for me with latest wine. Anything special I need to do to trigger the error? What version of Wine were you using?