Sound crashing issue ???

Questions about Wine on Linux
duongduythao

Sound crashing issue ???

Post by duongduythao »

I'm trying to solve a sound issue that is making wine crash a simple game. I have tried this with bbqlinux and ubuntu and both crash, also with a regular soundblaster or hdmi sound it happens at the same frequency, I even moved to another pc and it was no different so definitely a wine issue.

The game plays a beep or blop here and there but at 20 mins into the game it always locks up and the screen goes black. When I uncheck play sounds in the game it plays perfect for hours.

I'm looking for a starting point here on how I can fix this. I'm thinking its a memory issue because it always stops after 20 mins on playing.

Thanks
fargodwe

Re: Sound crashing issue ???

Post by fargodwe »

I was told on one my open posts to create a log file. They told me to see the faq, which I did and it was easy enough. Even when running the app with winedbg nothing was showing. After running to create the log the log file showed (for my sound problem) sapi was not implemented. I knew what that was since I wrote the program. No solution yet. So my suggestion: see the faq, run the app to create the log file, then look in the log file and you may see something that gives a hint. If not, post it back on your thread for people " in the know" to see.
fargodwe

Re: Sound crashing issue ???

Post by fargodwe »

Try using winetricks and installing soundsdk