deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/debian/ jessie main

the symlinks are correct and "wine --version" gives me "wine-3.7 (Staging)"

then i try to install dxvk:
WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.dxvk" wine wineboot
wget https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/relea ... .50.tar.gz
tar -xvf dxvk-0.50.tar.gz
cd dxvk-0.50/x64/
WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.dxvk" ./setup_dxvk.sh

when testing vulkan with "vulkan_test.exe" I get: "Vulkan drivers not installed" and those messages on the CLI:
0030:err:vulkan:get_vulkan_driver Wine was built without Vulkan support.
0030:err:vulkan:wine_vk_init Failed to load Wine graphics driver supporting Vulkan.

libvulkan1:amd64 and libvulkan1:i386 are both installed, I'm running Nvidia drivers version 384.111 and vulkan games on Steam like Mad Max and F1 2017 run fine.

help ?
dimesio

Re: Debian 8 (Jessie) and Wine was built without Vulkan supp

Post by dimesio »

There was a bug filed, https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44775, but the last comment in the bug report says it was fixed in the Ubuntu packages as of 3.6.

It sounds like your only problem is with DXVK, which is a separate project, not supported here. If you get those error messages from plain Wine (no DXVK), leave a comment in the bug report saying it is still a problem for the Debian Jessie packages. If those errors only appear with DXVK, ask for help on their support channels.
facePlanted
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Debian 8 (Jessie) and Wine was built without Vulkan supp

Post by facePlanted »

Hi dimesio thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply, I've now changed my preferences and subscribed to the topic, so I get email notifications on replies :)

Yes I remember reading that thread and it looks like it was fixed on Ubuntu, I think that the problem is similar on Debian 8 Jessie,
I've tested now without DXVK:

rm -rf .dxvk

WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.dxvk" wine wineboot
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/user/.dxvk'
(...)

WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.dxvk" wine /home/user/Downloads/vulkan_test.exe
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 3.7 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
0030:err:vulkan:get_vulkan_driver Wine was built without Vulkan support.
0030:err:vulkan:wine_vk_init Failed to load Wine graphics driver supporting Vulkan.

and the 'vulkan test' gui writes: Vulkan drivers not installed.

It would be super cool to have the official packages for Debian 8 Jessie recompiled with Vulkan support.
I'll comment the bug report now, thank you.