Wine opening the virtual desktop when browsing folders.

Questions about Wine on Linux
Tyranna

Wine opening the virtual desktop when browsing folders.

Post by Tyranna »

When I am browsing files from files I copied from a windows installation , and there is a .lnk file in the folder , wine opens up to the wine virtual
desktop for about 3 seconds and then closes again. It seems to be when the pictures ( icons ) for the files are being updated. I can not tell if the
files were originally Shortcuts form windows or not. I am worried that they are all being renamed or something. And the spamming wine virtual destop is
truly annoying when browsing a bunch of folders. I don't see anyone else with the same problem. Im on an Ubuntu 16.04LTS. Another thing is that when
the Ubuntu file manager is loading the icons, it assigns what looks to me as periodic table icons to the files it does not know what to do with. like
SI in a green background square. Strange.

If anyone has seen this behaviour I would at least like to know I am not going crazy.
madewokherd
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Wine opening the virtual desktop when browsing folders.

Post by madewokherd »

Sounds like the file manager may have a thumbnailer program that invokes Wine (which would open the virtual desktop if it creates a window, even a hidden one), something like https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/exe-thumbnailer ?