Please HELPPPP

Questions about Wine on Linux
NoobAtEverythingHelp

Please HELPPPP

Post by NoobAtEverythingHelp »

Ok listen help me please im a complete noob at everything with this Im on mac and i just want to play this game that reqirues windows 7 and 64bit, i can do the windows 7 bit but im a dumbo idk how to get 64bit im legit dumb so put it in dumb language please i didnt understand anythting i read so yeh give me something easy this is what i need

To run a windows 7 64bit thing on my Mac through Wine

thanks if u help me it would legit make life easy sorry for being so dumb this is probably hurting your brain but dont troll me please :lol: :lol:
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Please HELPPPP

Post by jkfloris »

Your Mac question in the Linux sub-forum isn't quite clear. The default Wine settings (in a recent version [1]) are a 64bit Wineprefix with Windows 7. Delete your Wineprefix [2] and try again.

[1] https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOS
[2] https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOS_FAQ#Where ... _stored.3F
NoobAtEverythingHelp

I dont really understand ? you want me to uninstall wine and re install? :?: :?: :?: :?:
NoobAtEverythingHelp

also i dont know what wineprefix is and how to make one im legit so confused on everything can someone make a tutorial for me xD
NoobAtEverythingHelp

I uninstalled wine and now when i re download it it comes as a folder, i have a huge headache, asistance!!!
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

The first question is whether you are actually running Linux on your Mac, or just posted in the wrong subforum. My guess is the latter, but you need to confirm that because yes, it is possible to install Linux on Mac hardware, and if you have done that, you should be installing the Linux packages, not the macOS ones.