winetricks: jet40 and jet40sp8_9xnt.exe

Questions about Wine on Linux
THN
Level 2
Level 2

winetricks: jet40 and jet40sp8_9xnt.exe

Post by THN »

Dear forum

I am struggling to setup DAO for a VB6 program by installing jet40 with winetricks version 20180217.

The installer runs through the first parts of jet40 (mdac27, wsh57) and then also successfully downloads jet40sp8_9xnt.exe from microsoft.

After that, this exe is executed by wine and I get:

Code: Select all

Executing cd /home/me
Executing cd /home/me/.cache/winetricks/jet40
Executing wine jet40sp8_9xnt.exe
0034:fixme:setupapi:extract_cabinet_file awful hack: extracting cabinet "C:\\users\\me\\Temp\\IXP001.TMP\\Jetsetup.CAB"
0034:err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program files\\Common files\\Microsoft shared\\dao\\dao2535.tlb" failed with error 2
In fact, nothing is extracted to C:\users\me\Temp\, I only very briefly see a subfolder IXP001.TMP being created and immediately deleted, and of course no file named "dao2535.tlb" is being placed in C:\Program files\Common files\Microsoft shared\dao\; the only file in that folder is dao360.dll.

Could someone please test to install jet40 with winetricks and see if there are any issues like the one I am reporting here?

I have also tried to call

Code: Select all

wine jet40sp8_9xnt.exe
within ~/.cache/winetricks/jet40 myself by hand, but it gives the exact same error messages and behaviour. I am not sure how to cabextract stuff from jet40sp8_9xnt.exe or how to otherwise proceed further from this point.

I have tested all the above on a clean new wine prefix with WINEARCH=win32 (jet40 and mdac27/28 modules are not available in 64 bit anyway) and could always reproduce the same behaviour.

Thank you for your help.

KR

THN