no sound in Fallout 4

Questions about Wine on Linux
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: no sound in Fallout 4

Post by Bob Wya »

hiigaran wrote:...
Also, my current temporary fix for the virtual desktop issue is to press Super, then drag the virtual desktop to the right monitor. Works well enough for now.
Obviously we need winex11.drv to hook into SDL2 on Linux, in a similar way to how SDL2 is leveraged for controller support on Linux.
It depends on developer interest of course, for it to happen...

Bob
hiigaran
Level 2
Level 2

Re: no sound in Fallout 4

Post by hiigaran »

Still trying to see if I can get any sort of info from terminal outputs. I've tried launching the game with debug set like so:

Code: Select all

WINEDEBUG=sound,dsound,dsound3d,dmusic,volume,coreaudio,dmusic32,mixer WINEPREFIX=/home/hiigaran/Games/Fallout4/ wine Fallout4.exe
I figured I'd try adding anything that might have remotely been related to sound for debug channels, but aside from several lines beginning with "info" before the world loaded, no messages appeared in the time between world loading, and the point when sound was lost. There has to be some sort of trigger that causes previously working audio to stop later in game.
Tried WINEDEBUG=all, but the game wouldn't start up. Virtual desktop opens up, heaps of output in the terminal (as expected), and after 2 or 3 minutes of waiting, the process is killed automatically.