WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Linux

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:31 pm 

I downloaded and install the Sims 3 on Steam. I had no doubt that this game wouldn't work due to it having mostly fantastic test result scores found on WineHq.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16664

I saw that someone said that they needed to go into winecfg and create a virtual desktop with a custom screen resolution so I did just that. I ran winecfg > add application in the applications tab > Graphics tab, checked Emulate a Virtual desktop with a desktop size of 800 x 600 with a resolution of 96 dpi. It still wont launch in the size that it's supposed to be in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm on Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS using a proprietary NVIDIA driver.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:42 pm 

VampireFox2 wrote:
I saw that someone said that they needed to go into winecfg and create a virtual desktop with a custom screen resolution so I did just that. I ran winecfg > add application in the applications tab > Graphics tab, checked Emulate a Virtual desktop with a desktop size of 800 x 600 with a resolution of 96 dpi. It still wont launch in the size that it's supposed to be in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. .

I guess the test you're referring to is the one that says this:
Quote:
In the first launch the game launches with a small resolution, which results in only seeing quarter of a screen. To fix it, you need to configure (in winecfg) the prefix to emulate desktop in a window, launch the game, change resolution and disable desktop emulation back.

My reading of those instructions is that you have to run it in a virtual desktop the first time, then change the resolution in the game (not in winecfg).

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Linux