Some DX11 games too dark and blurry to play, how to report?

Questions about Wine on Linux
Psy-Q

Some DX11 games too dark and blurry to play, how to report?

Post by Psy-Q »

Depending on the kind of shaders they use, games have started to work now with DX11, but the scenes can be too dark or blur effects can be too strong. Here is Dirt 3:

And here is Stories Untold:

The text on screen should be yellow and legible. Should I file a bug against dx11? Some other component? I'm not sure how to proceed.

Stories Untold produces some log output at least, this message repeated over and over:

Code: Select all

003f:err:d3d:wined3d_debug_callback 0x99a82a8: "GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION error generated. Operation is not valid because a bound framebuffer is not framebuffer complete.".
003f:fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status FBO status GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_LAYER_TARGETS (0x8da8).
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT: 2d texture 294, 512x512, 0 samples, format 0x81a5.
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT: NONE.
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0: 2d-array texture 281, 512x512, 0 samples, format 0x822e.
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1: NONE.
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT2: NONE.
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT3: NONE.
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT4: NONE.
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT5: NONE.
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT6: NONE.
003f:fixme:d3d:context_dump_fbo_attachment     GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT7: NONE.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Some DX11 games too dark and blurry to play, how to repo

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Yeah, I'd say reporting that for the component "directx-d3d" is correct. Make sure you use the latest version of wine, that it's indeed rendered wrong and that it's not reported yet. If that's the case, I'd file a bug report.
Psy-Q

Re: Some DX11 games too dark and blurry to play, how to repo

Post by Psy-Q »

Thank you, I searched and couldn't find anything that really matches, so I submitted the Stories Untold one because that has seemingly better messages in the log.