Can apps be fast-forwarded?

Post by zerothis »

Or run at a faster speed to start with?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Can apps be fast-forwarded?

Post by Bob Wya »

zerothis wrote:Or run at a faster speed to start with?
No, not really.

But you can marginally improve the speed applications run, under Wine, by disabling all tty debugging:

Code: Select all

export WINEDEBUG=-all
See also: WineHQ Wiki: Performance.
But note, that's not a beginner level guide...
Which I suspected anyone using the phrase "Can apps be fast-forwarded?" is! :lol:

Bob
Cybermax
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Can apps be fast-forwarded?

Post by Cybermax »

zerothis wrote:Re: Can apps be fast-forwarded?
Not really sure what you mean by this tho, but if you are thinking of stuff you can do when you run an emulator where the clock/tickspeed of something is different and if you can manipulate this, the answer is nope.

By "tickspeed" (or whatever you would call it), I mean like if you run a C64 emulator with a I7 4.6GHz processor, the speed of the insanely newer processor creates "insane-turbo-mode" for whatever game/program you could run, and therefor has to be limited so that the emulated program runs at a "normal" pace rather than just go crazy. I think I remember some early days of a Nintendo emulator just being crazy fast and music/sounds just like "blips" if you somehow manipulated some clock settings.. So, if THIS is what you mean by "fast-forwarded" the answer is no :)

Wine Is Not an Emulator in the sense that it does not work the same way as an emulator or virtual machine would.. but i guess Windows 95 programs would go pretty fast if they were properly accelerated :)