Unable to build 32-bit WineD3D

Questions about Wine on Linux
calk

Unable to build 32-bit WineD3D

Post by calk »

Hello everyone. I'm trying to cross-compile WineD3D for 32-bits. I've succesfully built Wine following the wiki, then I run the following in order to build the wined3d DLLs (using mingw-w64):

Code: Select all

../wine-source/configure --without-x --without-freetype --host=i586-mingw32msvc CFLAGS="-O2 -DWINE_NOWINSOCK -DUSE_WIN32_OPENGL" --with-wine-tools=../wine-tools/ LDFLAGS=" -static-libgcc"
make dlls/wined3d dlls/d3d8
The configure scripts runs ok but the make command, when reaching the linking step, throws the following:
/usr/bin/ld:../../../wine-source/libs/wine/wine.def: file format not recognized; treating as linker script
/usr/bin/ld:../../../wine-source/libs/wine/wine.def:1: syntax error
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:375: recipe for target 'libwine.dll' failed
make[1]: *** [libwine.dll] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/francisco/Downloads/wine-win32/libs/wine'
Makefile:19509: recipe for target 'libs/wine' failed
make: *** [libs/wine] Error 2
Wine make failed with error 0
It's strange since the same setup works perfectly on a 64-bit distribution. I've tested this under Ubuntu 16.14, Debian 9 and CentOS 6 with no luck at all, always the same error.

I guess this might be related to mingw-w64 somewhat but I just don't get it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Unable to build 32-bit WineD3D

Post by DarkShadow44 »

How did you create the wine-tools? What version of mingw are you using? It works for me, but only when using "--host=i686-w64-mingw32".
calk

Re: Unable to build 32-bit WineD3D

Post by calk »

Wow, thanks, using --host=i686-w64-mingw32 worked! Note I am using mingw-w64 (4.0.4-2), not mingw32.