Ghostly screen with Guitar Pro 5

Questions about Wine on Linux
JordanV
Level 1
Level 1

Ghostly screen with Guitar Pro 5

Post by JordanV »

Hello there. First-time user here. I just installed Wine 2.0.4 today on ParrotSec OS(MATE) and I managed to get FormatFactory running without any issues.
I also installed Guitar Pro 5.2 and managed to make the MIDI sound work(the head of the notes aren't aligned but whatever).
Anyway, the problem is that once I get Guitar Pro up and running the center of my screen begins to trace the movements of every element on the screen. Kinda like a ghost or a slow-motion effect. Screeshoting it didn't work but somehow it managed to screenshot the 'selection area' of the shot because of the tracing.
So, I took a picture with my cellphone: https://imgur.com/a/iWRKZ

See what I mean? The left side of the window is outside of the center so its not blurred. I know that when Guitar Pro starts, it creates that window in the center before the main window is shown. I think that's what this is but I have no solution. Oddly enough, I can 'select' this window from the desktop and if I leave it there for a while it just slowly vanishes and doesn't come back until I reopen guitar pro. As long as guitar pro is running this affects every software and it disappears as soon as guitar pro is closed.

Anyone has any ideas? Any help is much appreciated :)
JordanV
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Ghostly screen with Guitar Pro 5

Post by JordanV »

So, I managed to install Wine 3.0 and nothing about the problem changed. Same exact behavior. No clues at all, huh? :?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Does the issue happen with the trial from Guitar Pro 7, too?
JordanV
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JordanV »

DarkShadow44 wrote:Does the issue happen with the trial from Guitar Pro 7, too?
After I installed the free trial, the window vanishes as soon as I click "try". Nothing appears, nothing happens, but wine is still running after logging this:

0009:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
0009:fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init_in_situ unknown flags ignored: 2
002d:fixme:wlanapi:WlanEnumInterfaces (0x1, (nil), 0x407d8ac) semi-stub
002d:fixme:vcruntime:__telemetry_main_invoke_trigger (0x4ba0000)
002d:fixme:vcruntime:__telemetry_main_invoke_trigger (0x91c0000)
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Did you already try wine-3.0 in a clean WINEPREFIX? Because it does work for me.
JordanV
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JordanV »

DarkShadow44 wrote:Did you already try wine-3.0 in a clean WINEPREFIX? Because it does work for me.
I'm getting the same results. GP5 was the first software I installed and even then the screen problem was already happening.
JordanV
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JordanV »

So, I more or less found a solution. :D
I changed the window manager to Marco-Compton, which you can do in Mate Tweak menu or simply running marco-compton.