Cross Link to DLLs with different names?

Questions about Wine on Linux
G_Tango

Cross Link to DLLs with different names?

Post by G_Tango »

Hi There!

I've never used wine before.

I want to run a program eCardio.exe, which is on the CD drive, from my command line:
$ wine /run/media/graham/china/'eCardio(2in1)'/eCardio.exe

These are the type of error messages I get, for example:
$ err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"D:\\eCardio(2in1)\\Publib2.dll") not found
$ err:module:import_dll Library Publib2.dll (which is needed by L"D:\\eCardio(2in1)\\eCardio.exe") not found

For the first error, MFC42.DLL is on the CD but in another name. I'm guessing (hoping) these are the same DLLs, located as follows:
$ /run/media/graham/china/eCardio(2in1)/MFC42D.DLL

And, for the second error, Publib2.dll is also there on the CD, but spelt differently, with a capital "P". Again, I'm guessing this is the intended DLL:
$ /run/media/graham/china/eCardio(2in1)/publib2.dll

The QUESTION is: how can I create a link, or cross reference, from the name being looked for and the actual DLL on the CD?

I look forward to your replies.
Thanks
G_Tango

I'm using Fedora 27
dimesio

Re: Cross Link to DLLs with different names?

Post by dimesio »

I want to run a program eCardio.exe, which is on the CD drive, from my command line:
$ wine /run/media/graham/china/'eCardio(2in1)'/eCardio.exe
That's not the correct way to run apps from the command line. https://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User%27s_G ... mmand_line

Starting it correctly may be enough to fix your issue, but if you still get errors about missing mfc42.dll, install it with winetricks.