Problem with Unity (game engine). "ntlm_auth was not found"?

Questions about Wine on Linux
unlikely
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with Unity (game engine). "ntlm_auth was not found"?

Post by unlikely »

I installed what I think is the latest development version of wine (3.0-rc5) on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 (Xenial).

I tried to run Unity3D (AppDB entry pending - see https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=11075)

Running it from a terminal:

Code: Select all

env WINEPREFIX="/home/bob/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/bob/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Start\ Menu/Programs/Unity\ 2017.2.0f3\ \(64-bit\)/Unity.lnk
displays a black window headed "Unity 2017.2.0f3". The program takes 100% of cpu and does not terminate.
The software outputs a large number of fixme messages. After a while, a repeating loop of 24 fixmes continues indefinitely. It also outputs these error messages:

002b:err:clipboard:convert_selection Timed out waiting for SelectionNotify event
002f:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
002b:err:clipboard:convert_selection Timed out waiting for SelectionNotify event
0057:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0057:err:wgl:X11DRV_wglCreateContextAttribsARB Context creation failed (error 1)
0057:err:wgl:X11DRV_wglCreateContextAttribsARB Context creation failed (error 1)
0062:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
Is there anything there that can be fixed from within wine?
swedave
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Problem with Unity (game engine). "ntlm_auth was not fou

Post by swedave »

Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path . Do what it says
If you are on Ubuntu/mint . Open up a terminal and type
sudo apt-get install winbind
unlikely
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Problem with Unity (game engine). "ntlm_auth was not fou

Post by unlikely »

swedave wrote:type
sudo apt-get install winbind
Thanks. I did that.

The results are the same except the black window turns grey after a couple of seconds and there are fewer errors.
I now get just two of these errors before I kill the program:

005b:err:wgl:X11DRV_wglCreateContextAttribsARB Context creation failed (error 1)
AppDB entry pending.