Enter the Gungeon

Questions about Wine on Linux
Connor84
Level 2
Level 2

Enter the Gungeon

Post by Connor84 »

Not sure if this is where to post about particular games.

This runs fine in Wine. However on exiting, the game-screen stays on and there is no getting back to the desktop without a hard reboot.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Enter the Gungeon

Post by Bob Wya »

@Connor84

Can you post a terminal log for your game (including the full command used to launch it). See WineHQ FAQ: 10.1.1 How can I get a debugging log (a.k.a. terminal output)?

Please use the WineHQ Forum Code tags:

Code: Select all

I AM CODE
for terminal commands and output (Code button above the forum full edit box) that you post (inline) in these forums.

Also check that you are using a support version of Wine. See WineHQ Downloads ...

The alleged requirement for a hard reboot would imply something like a Linux GPU driver crash is occurring.
  • Are you sure that CTRL+ALT+F2-F9 to switch to a virtual TTY don't work or ALT+TAB to switch away from the Window?
  • Does the Magic SysRq key work on your (unspecified) Linux distribution?
  • What's the output from the following terminal commands:

Code: Select all

glxinfo | egrep '^[[:alpha:]]'
Ta
Bob
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

@Connor84

Doesn't this game have a native Linux version anyway... Steam: Enter the Gungeon ??

Bob
Connor84
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Connor84 »

I am not into Steam and prefer to run windows versions of games on my nux.

Alt-F1 does the trick to get me out of this game and most other "sticky" ones so that I can end the wine process via Sys Mon. I have grown bored of EtG and got rid of it. Thank you for your help Bob. :D

I would like to mark this post as *Solved* but I don't see a way to change the title or edit my first post to reflect this.