Building the wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
alanraj.c

Building the wine

Post by alanraj.c »

Hi,
I'm trying to build the wine source in NVIDIA Jetson TX1. I have downloaded the wine onto the Jetson and performed './configure'. It showed all the missing libraries to be installed and I have installed all those except libhal and OpenGL. But when I execute the make command, it showed errors. The errors were the redefinition of certain variables. When I checked the code, I could see that the variable was under two "ifdef". One was "#ifdef __arm__" and the other was "#ifdef __aarch64__".

Can anyone guide me to do the same?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Building the wine

Post by Bob Wya »

@alanraj.c

This is the man to speak to: WineHQ User: Andre Hentschel ...

Andre worked on the original Wine to Arm port. Note that this port would only run Windows applications compiled natively for Arm.
See: WineHQ Wiki: ARM support ...

The latest project (nickednamed: "Project Hangover") Andre is working on is to use a hybrid approach:
  • a Wine compatibility layer
  • Qemu emulation for User Space code compiled to target x86 machines
So this will run Windows applications compiled for x86.
See: Wineconf 2017: "Hangover" project by Stefan Dösinger and André Hentschel ...

Before you get too excited... This is really bleeding edge stuff... If you don't no much about compilation, thunks, stack traces, ... It's probably time to abort now! :lol:
Just to be clear - this Arm port is still not fully "official". So expect things to be break... A lot! :cry:

Bob
alanraj.c

Re: Building the wine

Post by alanraj.c »

Thank you, Bob.