Problems with Diablo 2 wine version 2.19

Questions about Wine on Linux
cain05

Problems with Diablo 2 wine version 2.19

Post by cain05 »

I'm having issues getting Diablo 2 LOD 1.13c (need that version because I run D2Gs) working properly on wine 2.19 on Manjaro. I have the game installed and can launch it, but it doesn't always show properly unless I set my monitor's resolution to 800x600. Even then, it will seemingly minimize when the start up videos play. I can usually get the game to show, but not always unless I log out of my computer and back in. Then I remembered the last time I tried this I used Sven's glide wrapper 1.4e and it fixed the issues. However, I can't even get that to run anymore. I can run glide-init.exe from the D2 installation folder which brings up the settings for the wrapper, but when I click the test button, the screen goes all weird and nothing displays properly, regardless the settings. Luckily I can simply press esc and it will exit, bringing me back to the desktop.

On my second computer, running Mint with wine 1.6.2, everything works as expected. The glide wrapper works fine and when I set D2 to use it, the game launches no problem, runs great and closes properly. Any suggestions on what to try?
cain05

Re: Problems with Diablo 2 wine version 2.19

Post by cain05 »

I built wine 2.0.3 from AUR and everything works now. Whatever the problem was, it was introduced between 2.0.3 and 2.19
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

cain05 wrote:I built wine 2.0.3 from AUR and everything works now. Whatever the problem was, it was introduced between 2.0.3 and 2.19
It would definitely be worth running a Wine Regression Test then...
Wine Development releases should not break previously working Windows application compatibility with Wine...

Bob
Tomkkk6ks

Post by Tomkkk6ks »

I have same problem at 2.19