Starcraft II errors out while loading a map

Questions about Wine on Linux
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Starcraft II errors out while loading a map

Post by steph »

Hi all,

I had Starcraft II running fine until they removed the support XP with the latest patch. I created a new prefix and configured it to be Windows 7. I'm using the WineHQ staging packages for Debian for that. Everything older did not even let me run the installer cleanly anymore. Additionally this I had run this winetricks line as I this was needed also previously:

Code: Select all

WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7 winetricks d3dx9 corefonts vcrun6 vcrun2005 vcrun2008 vcrun2010 vcrun2015
After installing I can get via Battle.net.exe into Starcraft II and can join lobbies but once the map starts loading after the countdown it errors out halfway through and shows me an dialog where I can choose to send an error code to Blizzard.

This is what the console has to say:

fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unknown action: 116
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
err:d3dcompiler:compile_shader HLSL shader parsing failed.
fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
fixme:heap:GetPhysicallyInstalledSystemMemory stub: 0x33f1a8
fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformationEx Relationship filtering not implemented: 0x3
fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformationEx Relationship filtering not implemented: 0x3
After re-running it again, the compile_shader messages do not appear again (unless I remove the cache folder again) but now it completely hangs in the map loading screen with this in the terminal:

fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x110060 "heap.c: main process heap section" wait timed out in thread 013b, blocked by 0122, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x110060 "heap.c: main process heap section" wait timed out in thread 0115, blocked by 0122, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x110060 "heap.c: main process heap section" wait timed out in thread 0111, blocked by 0122, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x110060 "heap.c: main process heap section" wait timed out in thread 0123, blocked by 0122, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x2371de0 "?" wait timed out in thread 0139, blocked by 013b, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x2371de0 "?" wait timed out in thread 013a, blocked by 013b, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x2371de0 "?" wait timed out in thread 0138, blocked by 013b, retrying (60 sec)
After trying again I get now this (withouth changing anything since the previous try)

fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
fixme:winhttp:get_system_proxy_autoconfig_url no support on this platform
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl discovery via DHCP not supported
I tried also following the advice in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29642#p112707 but this did nothing aside from that Hearthstone runs now fine again :lol:

However I'm pretty stuck with Starcraft II now. Anyone has got it running since this October patch that removed the XP support?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Starcraft II errors out while loading a map

Post by Bob Wya »

Additionally this I had run this winetricks line as I this was needed also previously:
If recent tests say no overrides are necessary then it's best to start with this baseline...
See: WineHQ AppDB: Real-Time Strategy / StarCraft II
Test Results / Sep 23 2017 ...
Even if you've had to switch to the Windows 7 version of Starcraft II.

So i'd retest Starcraft II, but with a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX.

What's the output from:

glxinfo | egrep '(^OpenGL|direct[: ])'
?

Also what's the output from:

export WINEDEBUG=+wgl,+dxgi
wine start /unix "C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft II\Support\SC2Switcher.exe" &>~/starcraft2_wine_log.txt
(or whatever command you were using to start the game...)
Can you post this log on a Pastebin-type site e.g. bpaste.net ...
To copy the whole log file to your DE clipboard you can use:

cat ~/starcraft2_wine_log.txt | xclip  -i -selection clipboard
Much easier to paste online that way!

Ta
Bob
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

As proposed I started from scratch with a fresh Win7/32bit prefix:

WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7_32 WINEARCH=win32 wine ~/Downloads/StarCraft-II-Setup.exe
.. followed by

WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7_32 WINEARCH=win32 wine ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe
However, the map loading issue remained.

Output of

> glxinfo | egrep '(^OpenGL|direct[: ])'
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Kabylake GT2 
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 13.0.6
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 13.0.6
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 13.0.6
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
OpenGL ES profile extensions:
I ran the debug command as described in the previous post resulting in logfiles of about more than 1Mio. lines. So bpaste.net does not seem to like that. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

steph wrote:...
I ran the debug command as described in the previous post resulting in logfiles of about more than 1Mio. lines. So bpaste.net does not seem to like that. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
I tested the free / demo version of Starcraft II - this appears to run OK.
Tested using Wine Staging 2.19 and 32-bit WINEPREFIX / set to the default Windows 7 compatibility...

I suspect your Intel graphics driver is letting you down... :| :cry:
Can you paste the output of running the game with:

export WINEDEBUG=+wgl
wine "Battle.net Launcher.exe" &> ~/wine_battlenet_launcher_log.txt
Just Google for Pastebin alternatives... It's easy enough to find a site that will accept large text pastes!

Bob
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

I found a workaround as I did not find any pastebin site which allowed for such large files:

Log of crash: http://paste.debian.net/993868/

Log of hang: http://paste.debian.net/993869/

These are Base64 encoded files which needs to be unpacked with xz:

base64 -d paste_text.file | xz -d > sc2_problem.log
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

@steph,

The error:

err:winediag:wined3d_adapter_init GL_ARB_compatibility not supported, requesting context with GL version 3.2.
would imply that your graphics driver:

OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 13.0.6
means your card can't full support a full OpenGL 3.2 context - required by the game.

I don't see that error in my terminal log - starting the game with my Nvidia card (which fully supports OpenGL 4.6).

Perhaps a newer Linux kernel and Mesa version might fix this issue?

Anyway I'll do some more testing...
So far running the game in Wine Virtual Desktop seems to dramatically improve game stability... That could be just a Plasma 5 issue though...

Bob
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

So I tried now Kernel 4.13. and Mesa 17.4 (meaning I temporarily reinstalled Debian Testing). The results was the same. Even the glxinfo output was the same with the only difference that the graphic card was now identified correctly as Intel HD630 and that the Mesa version number was now 17.4. After looking again at the glxinfo output I think it does support at least some kind of OpenGl 4.5

OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile)
but not in the ES profile as you mentioned above. What other options do I have left? Switch to Windows? :lol:
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

For reference:

direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 (Kaby Lake GT2) 
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.2.3
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 17.2.3
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 17.2.3
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
OpenGL ES profile extensions:
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

steph wrote:... After looking again at the glxinfo output I think it does support at least some kind of OpenGl 4.5

OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile)
but not in the ES profile as you mentioned above. What other options do I have left? Switch to Windows? :lol:
Your card only supports the Core Profile OpenGL 4.5 - however Wine will see the full profile - which is still only OpenGL 3.0.
I didn't mention any ES profiles (??!!) since OpenGL ES is the typical GL target for mobile devices only...

I would recommend trying some Mesa GL overrides:

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2
export MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=320
In the terminal - before you test launching Starcraft II.

Bob
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

Trying with these environment variables set:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=320 WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7_32 WINEARCH=win32 wine ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe
Now the Battle.Net launcher does not even start anymore. Log is here: http://paste.debian.net/994597/
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

steph wrote:Trying with these environment variables set:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=320 WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7_32 WINEARCH=win32 wine ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe
Now the Battle.Net launcher does not even start anymore. Log is here: http://paste.debian.net/994597/
Right, now we are getting somewhere! 8)

Can you post that log again, but with:

export WINEDEBUG=+wgl
Basically I would expect the following lines not to be present, with the Mesa GL overrides:

warn:wgl:wglGetProcAddress Extension GL_VERSION_3_1 required for glDrawArraysInstanced not supported
warn:wgl:wglGetProcAddress Extension GL_VERSION_3_1 required for glDrawElementsInstanced not supported
warn:wgl:wglGetProcAddress Extension GL_VERSION_3_1 required for glTexBuffer not supported
warn:wgl:wglGetProcAddress Extension GL_VERSION_3_3 required for glVertexAttribDivisor not supported
Which were present in your earlier SC2 logs - but are not present in my Nvidia-based SC2 logs.

Then Wine segfaults - because your graphics driver doesn't really support these calls...
Probably time to open a (/ sign up for an existing) bug at the Mesa3D website... :cry:

Bob
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

Here we go:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=320 WINEDEBUG=+wgl WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7_32 WINEARCH=win32 wine ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe
Log: http://paste.debian.net/994597

Does not look that much different to me actually.

Edit: Now I know why: The previous log had the WINEDEBUG flag already set to +wgl.
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

I've also found the following links suggesting that OpenGL up 4.5 is available since Mesa 13.0:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HD_ ... pabilities
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... swell-GL45

Citation from last link:
As of this afternoon in Mesa Git there is now OpenGL 4.5 support exposed by default for Haswell, joining the existing OpenGL 4.5 support for Broadwell and newer that has been present since Mesa 13.0.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Well yeah... You obviously haven't tried to read how OpenGL Forward Compatible, Compatible and Core contexts differ! :shock:
I won't even attempt to explain it (badly).

I got a bit annoyed that you are only lacking .2 GL's... Surely there must be one or two fractional bits behind that sofa... :wink:

Anyway a bit of poking about in the mesa source code - after a Google search and I found this:

override[api].fc_suffix = check_for_ending(version_str, "FC");
override[api].compat_suffix = check_for_ending(version_str, "COMPAT");
Very unconveniently, undocumented in the Mesa html docs... But now we might be making some progress!

The Mesa GL overrides I suggested before will actually give you a OpenGL 3.2 Core context.
However you want a OpenGL 3.2 Compatibility context (i.e. one that enables depreciated extensions - for earlier versions of OpenGL).

So try:

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2COMPAT
export MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=320COMPAT
O.T.
I can't see the appeal in the game myself - personally I've yet to find a RTS game to even remotely equal 0AD...
But shouldn't stop other folks playing it. 8)

Bob
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

Ok, so now I've tried with

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2COMPAT MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=320COMPAT WINEDEBUG=+wgl WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7_32 WINEARCH=win32 wine ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe
Battle.Net launcher will not even start. Log is here: http://paste.debian.net/995179/ as Base64 encoded because the original file is something of 3,7MB again. Decode with

base64 -d paste_text.file | xz -d > sc2_problem.log
as previously.

O.T. The appeal is in playing it with friends, especially there are a few modded maps such as the mentioned "Mines & Magic" map which is quite fun :wink:
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

@Steph,

Looking back on the 2 logs which you say where generated with:

These look a bit suspicious - because they are missing the Wine Staging warning at the start and have no +wgl channel messages at all.

You are safer to do your tests along the lines of:

export WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7_32 # All wine subsequent wine commands point to this WINEPREFIX - avoids simple mistakes like running winetricks commands against your default WINEPREFIX
wineserver -k # Kill off any lingering wine processes for this WINEPREFIX
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=320 WINEDEBUG=+wgl wine start /unix ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe &> ~/wine_sc2_log.txt # Start Battle.net with wine start
This may not make any difference - but it avoids some simple gottya's with Wine's path handling!
The export commands will only persist in single Shell session - while it is active.
I prefer to test with something like:

wine start ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe
first - then use also test with:

cd ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net
wine Battle.net.exe
It is not recommended to launch applications the way you are testing Battle.net... This may work 50% of the time but it is not guaranteed...
It just happens to work OK in this case (I checked all three methods) - but it will depend on whether the individual applications test for their installed path (or not) vs present working directory.
See: WineHQ: Wine User's Guide: 3 Using Wine ...

NB the WINEARCH variable does not need to be set each time... It's only really used on creation of a WINEPREFIX.
However the WINEARCH will be checked when you launch a wineserver process for a WINEPREFIX - to ensure the architecture of the pre-existing WINEPREFIX (32-bit or 64-bit) matches WINEARCH (32-bit or 64-bit).
Just in (rare) instance you have a previous:

WINEARCH=win64
in that shell environment or global environment (the latter would not be a good idea!)
Personally I tend to stick to the rule of testing one Wine application per shell session (aka DE terminal tab).

RE: the base64 logs you are posting... It would be a lot more 'civilised' to quote the full command to fetch and decode these as Unix pipeline:

wget -O - 'http://paste.debian.net/plain/995179' | base64 -d - | xz -d > wine_sc2_mesa_17.2.3_env_320_override_log.txt
All Debian pastebin log webpages have a Show as text (similar to other Pastebin-esque sites).
This just adds the plain reference to the URL.

I think you can only request a compatibility context for the GL version - not the GLSL (OpenGL Shader Language) - sorry obvious boo-boo. So try:

export WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7_32
export WINEDEBUG=+wgl
wineserver -k
WINEDEBUG=+wgl wine start /unix ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe &> ~/wine_sc2_log.txt
I think that's my last available shot (in the dark)... :(

Also WineHQ Bug 38969 - RAGE crashes on startup ...
And no doubt many duplicate Wine Bugs...
Looks horribly like you are caught between a rock (Wine) and a a hard place (Mesa)... :cry:
So I wouldn't even know which side to file a bug against - maybe both?? :?

Hmmm... Looks like my next GPU will still have to be Nvidia again... Oh well...

OT
RE: Star Craft II - multiplayer - yup that makes sense... :mrgreen:

Bob
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

Thanks for the hints, especially the one with debian paste! So I did as recommended in a fresh terminal and without any wine processes in the running elsewhere:

export WINEDEBUG=+wgl
wineserver -k

#tried both without difference:
#wine start /unix ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe >& sc2_out.log
cd ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net
wine Battle.net.exe >& ~/sc2_out.log
Results in Battle.Net not starting:

wget -O - http://paste.debian.net/plain/995276 | base64 -d | xz -d > wine_sc2_3.2compat_override.log
What makes me suspicious is the following snippet:

warn:wgl:is_extension_supported The function requires OpenGL version '3.3' while your drivers only provide '3.2'
warn:wgl:wglGetProcAddress Extension GL_VERSION_3_3 required for glVertexAttribDivisor not supported
trace:wgl:wglGetProcAddress returning glVertexAttribDivisor -> 0x7a8357c0
Should I actually override with OpenGL 3.3 instead of 3.2 or is the game just testing if 3.3 is available?

O.T.: The games I run are all old enough to be handled by the integrated CPU graphic so there is actually no need to have a separate card aside from software issues :lol:
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

steph wrote:...

What makes me suspicious is the following snippet:

warn:wgl:is_extension_supported The function requires OpenGL version '3.3' while your drivers only provide '3.2'
trace:wgl:wglGetProcAddress returning glVertexAttribDivisor -> 0x7a8357c0
Should I actually override with OpenGL 3.3 instead of 3.2 or is the game just testing if 3.3 is available?

O.T.: The games I run are all old enough to be handled by the integrated CPU graphic so there is actually no need to have a separate card aside from software issues :lol:
Damn, sorry I missed that I'd even posted:

warn:wgl:wglGetProcAddress Extension GL_VERSION_3_1 required for glDrawArraysInstanced not supported
warn:wgl:wglGetProcAddress Extension GL_VERSION_3_1 required for glDrawElementsInstanced not supported
warn:wgl:wglGetProcAddress Extension GL_VERSION_3_1 required for glTexBuffer not supported
So yes - OpenGL version 3.3 - is your target for Star Craft II support under Wine...

Yeah, so you'd want to test with:

export WINEDEBUG=+wgl
wineserver -k
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=330 WINEDEBUG=+wgl wine start /unix ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe &> ~/wine_sc2_log.txt
Fingers crossed that will do it! 8)

Support for an OpenGL 3.2 compatibility context is what the Wine Developers usually quote...
So I tend to get a bit fixated on that value... But in the real world, games have differing requirements... :oops:

Bob
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

So here we go with

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT
export MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=330
export WINEDEBUG=+wgl
wineserver -k
wine start /unix ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe >& sc2_out.log
which resulted in Battle.Net launcher to actually launch as well as Starcraft but while loading the map I'm back again at either mutex timeouts

wget -O - http://paste.debian.net/plain/995415 | base64 -d | xz -d > wine_sc2_3.3compat_override_mutex_block.log
or a hard crash

wget -O - http://paste.debian.net/plain/995414 | base64 -d | xz -d > wine_sc2_3.3compat_override_crash.log
So I'm feeling like being stuck between a rock and a hard place again as this is basically the situation we started with :lol:
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

steph wrote:So here we go with

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT
export MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=330
export WINEDEBUG=+wgl
wineserver -k
wine start /unix ~/wine/blizzard_win7_32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe >& sc2_out.log
which resulted in Battle.Net launcher to actually launch as well as Starcraft but while loading the map I'm back again at either mutex timeouts

wget -O - http://paste.debian.net/plain/995415 | base64 -d | xz -d > wine_sc2_3.3compat_override_mutex_block.log
or a hard crash

wget -O - http://paste.debian.net/plain/995414 | base64 -d | xz -d > wine_sc2_3.3compat_override_crash.log
So I'm feeling like being stuck between a rock and a hard place again as this is basically the situation we started with :lol:
Right so I looked at those logs...
I am puzzled to see all the Visual C++ library channel spam in your console log:

fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33fd5c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init_in_situ unknown flags ignored: 2
fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init_in_situ unknown flags ignored: 102
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33fbac 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33fa6c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33fc1c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33fbcc 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f98c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33ecbc 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33ed6c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f300 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f300 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f1f0 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f27c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f1ac 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f1fc 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f28c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f1b8 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f28c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f2ec 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init_in_situ unknown flags ignored: 1
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33ecbc 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f704 1 C) semi-stub
Because I've got to enable the +msvcp Wine debug channel to get any output in my test logs with Wine Staging 2.20...
It's all only trace level.

Have you got some old, junky Wine overrides in place?
Because you should not need any Wine overrides to get Starcraft II to work under Wine Staging 2.20.

Bob
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

There no overrides in place. If I look via

WINEPREFIX=~/wine/blizzard_win7_32 winecfg
in the libraries tab there is no entry listed:
Bildschirmfoto von »2017-11-14 18-26-35«.png
Bildschirmfoto von »2017-11-14 18-26-35«.png (10.1 KiB) Viewed 13530 times
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

Just noticed that this was the German UI so here we go with the English UI:
Bildschirmfoto von »2017-11-14 23-22-27«.png
Bildschirmfoto von »2017-11-14 23-22-27«.png (9.39 KiB) Viewed 13521 times
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

It must your German locale that was causing the issues, with the Visual C++ library, in the first place...
Mystery explained... :mrgreen:
steph
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steph »

This did not change a thing in the log actually:

fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.20 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x456e9d8 (nil)): stub
fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({5eec90ab-c022-44b2-a5dd-fd716a222a15}, 0x1db483b, 0x1e2f6d0, 0x1e2f6e8) stub.
fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x1e2b49a, 43) stub
fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({5eec90ab-c022-44b2-a5dd-fd716a222a15}, 0x1871123, 0x1c8f110, 0x1c8f128) stub.
fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x1bfa3b0, 43) stub
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x110000 0 0x33ed20 4 stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33fd5c 1 C) semi-stub
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

steph wrote:This did not change a thing in the log actually: ...
@steph

But was that test using a clean WINEPREFIX - created with an English locale set globally? :wink:

Anyway, all that's a bit off topic...

I'd probably suggest filing a bug report on the WineHQ Bugzilla...
The Intel graphics drivers do have a bit of a bad reputation unfortunately...
But maybe something can be done... :?

I suggest attaching:

glxinfo | egrep '(^OpenGL|direct[: ])'
and the output from:

uname -a
Bob