Boss-Me-80 & GuitarRig5 w. Suse Tumbleweed?

Questions about Wine on Linux
axer

Boss-Me-80 & GuitarRig5 w. Suse Tumbleweed?

Post by axer »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and am a little peeved at Windows-Only hardware/software. Does anyone have reason to be optimistic about being able to run GuitarRig5 software and the Rolland Me-80 handling software (ToneStudio I think)? I tried a bit earlier but ended up against a brick wall, ultimately someone advised that WineASIO was as of then UNINSTALLABLE on linux and so to just forget it. I'll be 74 this winter and learning guitar is my cure for all ills, using windows isn't! I'm currently on Suse-13.2 and am trying to migrate to Tumbleweed, but also have Debian as a standby though I'm not very familiar with it. TIA
dimesio

Re: Boss-Me-80 & GuitarRig5 w. Suse Tumbleweed?

Post by dimesio »

According to https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=27058, Guitar Rig 5 did run in older versions of Wine. Whether it runs in current Wine is something you'll have to test. The test report does say it needs wineasio, which is not supported here, but there are current packages of it for Tumbleweed on the OBS.

There's nothing in the AppDB about Boss ME-80, so you'll just have to test that yourself.

FYI, openSUSE 13.2 went EOL last January, so you really need to upgrade.
axer

Re: Boss-Me-80 & GuitarRig5 w. Suse Tumbleweed?

Post by axer »

dimesio wrote:According to https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=27058, Guitar Rig 5 did run in older versions of Wine. Whether it runs in current Wine is something you'll have to test. The test report does say it needs wineasio, which is not supported here, but there are current packages of it for Tumbleweed on the OBS.

There's nothing in the AppDB about Boss ME-80, so you'll just have to test that yourself.

FYI, openSUSE 13.2 went EOL last January, so you really need to upgrade.
Yes, I'm *acutely* aware of that. The probem is in the form of some favorite apps without which I'm prepared to dump linux altogether after some 30 years. Google-Earth-5.2 is such, so are the two in the subject header. If I cannot make them work on more recent linux distros that it's time to say goodbye. I just managed to install GE-5.2 on Debian-8 but Suse-TW is a no-go and so is Slackware-14.2. But I'm goindg to separate the topics in new posts because too many in just one is going to become confusing.