Linux path for Pegasus Mail archive folders

Questions about Wine on Linux
groucho

Linux path for Pegasus Mail archive folders

Post by groucho »

Hello:

I've tried every answer found but to no avail.
If this is an (already) answered topic, please excuse me and point me there. =-)

I run Pegasus Mail through Wine (2.15-1pclos2017) in PCLinuxOS 64 bit.

WinPMail 4.72.572, build ID 572
Wine 2.15-1pclos2017
Linux groucho 4.12.10-pclos1 #1 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux

I need to archive my Pegasus Mail folders within my PCLinux installation, but I cannot create folders that Pegasus Mail will actually see and use.

I have tried with winepath, first creating the folder in my /home partition and using the winepath output to tell Pegasus Mail where the folder is located with this:

Code: Select all

[groucho@groucho ~]$ winepath -w /home/groucho/pmarchive
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.15 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
E:\pmarchive
and ...

Code: Select all

[groucho@groucho ~]$ winepath -u /home/groucho/pmarchive
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.15 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
/home/groucho/.wine/dosdevices/e:/pmarchive
[groucho@groucho ~]$ 
This to no avail: Pegasus Mail does not create the filing there using E:\pmarchive
or /home/groucho/.wine/dosdevices/e:/pmarchive as the path.

Apparently it is created with the rest of the mail folders, which is of no use to me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

G.
dimesio

Re: Linux path for Pegasus Mail archive folders

Post by dimesio »

Why are you using winepath, and how are you creating this archive? I downloaded the current version of Pegasus Mail and followed the directions on http://www.pmail.com/faqs/faqs_wsg.htm for creating an archive. I had no problem moving messages to a directory outside the wineprefix using the full unix-style path (/home/dimesio/test).