Cannot activate MS Office 2010

Questions about Wine on Linux
Drago

Cannot activate MS Office 2010

Post by Drago »

Hello,
I've successfully installed Office 2010 in Wine – I entered my key during the installation, ran Word. When I proceed with the activation related popup I get an error message (0x80072F94) check the internet connection and try again.
I looked up for solutions and I tried everything I can find, ending up having overcrowded list of components and DLL overrides. Here it is:
*atl80 (native, builtin)
*iexplore.exe (native, builtin)
*inetcpl.cpl (native, builtin)
*inseng (native)
*itircl (native, builtin)
*itss (native, builtin)
*jscript (native, builtin)
*mlang (native, builtin)
*mshtml (native, builtin)
*msimtf (native, builtin)
*msvcm80 (native, builtin)
*msvcp80 (native, builtin)
*msvcr80 (native, builtin)
*msxml3 (native)
*msxml6 (native)
*riched20 (native, builtin)
*shdoclc (native, builtin)
*shdocvw (native, builtin)
*shwapi (native, builtin)
*vcomp (native, builtin)
gdiplus (native)
riched20 (native, builtin)
Antergos, Wine 2.17-1

About two weeks ago using Ubuntu I created a VM just to test if Office 2010 is going to work properly and I faced the exact same issue.

I hope you guys can help me with this. Thanks in advance :)
dimesio

Re: Cannot activate MS Office 2010

Post by dimesio »

Try with a clean wineprefix. No overrides should be needed to install and activate.
Drago

Post by Drago »

Hello,
thank you for the input.
I deleted the ~/wine32/ prefix I used and recreated the default ~/.wine/ prefix as 32 bit. The installation went fine. I had to restart the application a few times because it was 'configuring' itself. Now it's working and I still cannot activate it.

dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Is this a volume licensed version? If so, the problem could be https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033. There's a workaround for MAK activation in comment 31 in the bug report; that worked for me. Comment 15 has a script that's supposed to work for KMS activation, but my version doesn't use that, so I haven't been able to test it.
Drago

Post by Drago »

Hello,
thank you for the input.
I have an .exe installation file so I had to extract that and mod the config file. When trying it out I get 'language not supported' error on launch.

Meanwhile I created a VM with the same distro and tried out crossover. Installing MSO with all the DLLs it suggested trough the installation made it work right and activate hassle-free. Applying that on the host though didn't work out well - I get error at the end of the installation saying it went unsuccessfuly. Guess I should buy CO?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Crossover does include hacks for some of its supported apps, esp. Office.
pmac12345

Post by pmac12345 »

I had this same problem. Turned out I did not have lib32-gnutls installed, and installing that package solved it for me. (I'm using wine 3.5 on Arch Linux.)