PowerPoint .ppam not excecutable

Questions about Wine on Linux
Ronon555

PowerPoint .ppam not excecutable

Post by Ronon555 »

Hi all,

first of all: I highly I appreciate this forum, because I was able to fix all issues with wine I had so far. Thank's for that.
------------------------------------------
Background
In the past I created several macros to speed up common tasks in PowerPoint on Windows 7, e.g. change the languages for all shapes, tables and notes in all slides or add version from SVN. I switched to Linux Mint several month ago. Now I wanted to add these macros with a custom UI ribbon so that I don't need to add the macro and execute it manually.

Note: OpenOffice, etc. is currently no option because I experienced too many issues, when I exchanged documents (xlsx, docx, pptx) with my customers.

Reproduction and actual behavior
  • I developed the macro and saved it as *.pptm.
  • Then I add a customUI as well as the configuration in *.pptm container so that I have a ribbon that launches a macro. This works for the .pptm file. I can click the button and the macro is launched.
  • In order to have this macro for all .ppt/.pptx files I save the .pptm as .ppam.
  • I add the file as AddIn and got the following message: 'PowerPoint cannot open the Visual Basic Project of the presentation "C:\users\myname\Application Data\Microsot\AddIns\mycustomribbon.ppam"'.
Note: the error message also occurs, if step 2 (adding the custumUI ribbon) is not executed. I just wanted to provide all steps.

Expected behavior
The custom ribbon is shown and the respective macro is launched for .pptx files.

Configuration
Linux-Kernel: 4.4.0-93-generic
Wine-Version: 1.7.52
Windows-Version: WindowsXP
Library: *riched20 (Native)

Terminal output
I started PowerPoint, executed steps from reproduction and closed PowerPoint:

Code: Select all

playonlinux "/home/myname/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Office2010/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14/POWERPNT.EXE" 
Looking for python... 2.7.12 - wxversion(s): 3.0-gtk2
selected
[main] Message: PlayOnLinux (4.2.10) is starting
[clean_tmp] Message: Cleaning temp directory
[Check_OpenGL] Warning: check_dd_x86 missing, test skipped
[Check_OpenGL] Warning: check_dd_amd64 missing, test skipped
[POL_System_CheckFS] Message: Checking filesystem for /home/myname/.PlayOnLinux/
[main] Message: Filesystem is compatible
[POL_SetupWindow_Init] Message: Creating new window for pid 28369
[main] Message: Running into a virtual drive : 
[POL_SetupWindow_Close] Message: Closing window for pid 28369
[POL_Wine_SelectPrefix] Message: Selecting prefix: Office2010
[POL_System_SetArch] Message: POL_ARCH set to x86
[POL_System_CheckFS] Message: Checking filesystem for /home/myname/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Office2010/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14/POWERPNT.EXE
[POL_Wine] Message: Running wine-2.0.2 /home/myname/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Office2010/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14/POWERPNT.EXE (Working directory : /home/myname/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Office2010/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14)
[POL_Wine] Message: Notice: PlayOnLinux deliberately disables winemenubuilder. See http://www.playonlinux.com/fr/page-26-Winemenubuilder.html
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x110000 1 (nil) 0 stub
fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsA (0x2e857b01, 0x2ea72628, {8736922d-e8b2-47eb-8564-23e77e728cf3}, 1, 0x32fc8c, (null), (null), 0x2ea72628): stub
fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsA (0x39b1771a, 0x3a052368, {8736922d-e8b2-47eb-8564-23e77e728cf3}, 1, 0x32f6ec, (null), (null), 0x3a052368): stub
fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW (0x39b1771a, 0x3a066d08, {a019725f-cff1-47e8-8c9e-8fe2635b6388}, 1, 0x32f660, (null), (null), 0x3a066d08): stub
fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW   register trace class {a019725f-cff1-47e8-8c9e-8fe2635b6388}
fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
fixme:advapi:UnregisterTraceGuids deadbeef: stub
fixme:advapi:UnregisterTraceGuids 0: stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x3a0661cc) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x2ea72614) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x42db9550) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x43920ad4) stub
[POL_Wine] Message: Wine return: 0
[install_plugins] Message: Überprüfe Plugin: ScreenCap...
[install_plugins] Message: Überprüfe Plugin: PlayOnLinux Vault...
[update_check] Message: List is up to date
Registered PID: 28403 (Present)
Registered PID: 28461 (Missing)
Tried solutions
  • I saved the file as .ppa and added this is an AddIn (instead of .ppam). The ribbon is shown and executable for the original .pptm file. For other .ppt/.pptx the ribbon is not shown. But it seems the macro code is loaded for all .ppt/.pptx files, because PowerPoint complains, if I try to add the macro again. After some research I found out that the .ppam is mandatory to display a custom ribbon. (Note: for the .ppam neither the code nor ribbon is loaded)
  • I confirmed the security properties in PowerPoint: the folder is trusted; I can execute all macros; VBA is trusted.
  • I confirmed that I have the required permissions for the folder "C:\users\myname\Application Data\Microsot\AddIns". Actually I temporarily applied chmod -R 777 for this folder and sub-folders.
  • I tried the steps from reproduction on a native Windows 7 computer. Here the procedure is successful: I can see the ribbon and execute the macro for any .ppt/.pptx file.
  • research in google, WineHQ, stackoverflow, microsoft developer network; but I didn't succeed.
  • changed to latest stable version of wine 2.0.2; but that doesn't make any difference.
  • changed wine to Windows 7; but that doesn't make any difference.
dimesio

Re: PowerPoint .ppam not excecutable

Post by dimesio »

PlayOnLinux is not supported here and your Wine version is old. Retest in the latest development (not stable) release of plain Wine (currently 2.17), and if the problem is still present (it probably will be), file a bug.